Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else getting over charge?

Darthbenji

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario
72DDF0E9-70C5-439D-BFC1-19A0F6D12A23.jpeg
Last couple nights the charger appears to shut off at the set level only to be higher a bit later? I opened the app and it was at 469 and then in seconds dropped to 465, still above my 90% line.

DirtyT3sla

Apr 17, 2019
Holly
The charge is just an estimate, so other factors like temperature can change it after the fact. I've noticed this happening more to me now that the weather is warmer.

• Informative
Reactions: Darthbenji

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I've noticed similar. I'll get a charge complete notification stating 250 miles. Then when I get in the car the next morning, the range is 257. It's not consistent though. This morning charging completed at 250, and range was 250 when I got in.
Not sure what's up, but I'm not too worried about it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC