Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else going to trade their Model 3 for Cybertruck?

Would you trade your Model 3 for the new Cybertruck?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. Tesla is the only manufacture offering something close to self driving - but they still aren't there... AP is just advanced cruise control with great lane guidance.
I can hold down the "come to me" button and the car will drive over by itself and pick me up. But yea AP is very good too. AP is probably the most luxurious feature in the car. Well that and not having to carry around a key or fob.

I can hold down the "come to me" button and the car will drive over by itself and pick me up. But yea AP is very good too. AP is probably the most luxurious feature in the car. Well that and not having to carry around a key or fob.

Based on reviews - summon doesn't work that well and your screwed if it fails. And I could agree with that - not a whole lot of other luxury going on. It's not bad by any means - but it's about industry average.

The other question should be is Tesla going to lower the price of the M3 if the truck comes out with those specs and price! I would assume that the truck has a minimum of 100 kWh battery. Elon must be assuming he can get battery costs down 25% in two years.

Reactions: afadeev
No way I'm trading in my efficient, easy-to-park, joy-to-drive Model 3 for a pickup truck.

But...my wife is interested in trading her X for a Cybertruck, assuming Tesla really sells the camping accessory shown on their web site (Musk tweeted that they will make it available). And it's easy enough for her father to get in to the pickup truck. We shall see...

Based on reviews - summon doesn't work that well and your screwed if it fails. And I could agree with that - not a whole lot of other luxury going on. It's not bad by any means - but it's about industry average.
Hmmmm It's worked when I have used it.

If I do go for the cybertruck, I'll likely be selling my Dodge 3500 and P3D to get into the tri motor version.

LOL It looks like the cockpit of a damn airplane or something.
I wish.
Robin
PANEL_VIEW.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808
This makes as much sense as going to Hondaworld and asking if people are going to trade their Civic Sis for a Ridgeline.

Except that until now the only "truck" Tesla sold was the Model X that costs over $100k. So there could be some people that settled for the Model 3 because they wanted a Tesla and it was all they could afford. With the truck being basically inline with the Model 3 price wise there are some who might actually make the jump. Now for looks..... :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I don't see how the model 3 and a pickup truck are anyway close to the same vehicle. Why would you have a model 3 if you were interested in a pickup truck to begin with? You should have an F150 or Silverado or even a Colorado.

If this is your first truck its a different driving experience than a car. Despite what anyone says this is a large full size pickup truck and driving it is going to be cumbersome compare to your model 3. My truck hasn't moved in a week and I am not driving an electric car to save on gas.

Also nobody should want the 2wd truck. The dual motor and tri motor are the only ones you should be looking at.

Reactions: RobRain
The only thing I like about it is the price.

My parents summer home is near the ocean and the road in front of it floods at high tide -- particularly during times of full moon (and it is unfortunately worse in summer when we are spending more time at the house than in winter, when we are not really around) so we have considered getting a Wrangler to keep out there full time so we don't have to worry about flooding. I have resisted.. b/c who wants to be driving a wrangler.. right?

but now... i'll be the idiot in the Mars rover.. but at least it it is electric... and is it just me, or does it look way more expensive than $39,000?

Also, I'm glad the windows broke during the reveal.

Nothing pisses me off more than that controlled phone screen shatter test where they do that "lets put it in a special machine to see how many PSI the screen can stand before cracking" test only to have it crack when you drop it a few inches from the tabletop or the ground.

it was good to see that they were using proper force to swing at the car.. even though all in all I thought Musk was doing his best david coperfield impersonation and I kept hoping an angry white tiger would come out and just end the whole ordeal.

and is it just me, or does it look way more expensive than $39,000?

I don't think so. Think about it what's the most expensive parts of the Model 3? The aluminium and the battery. This has no aluminium. (that we know of) Appears to be molded from one giant piece of metal, and uses a construction method that requires no frame. So it seems like the main expense is the battery. And those are getting cheaper and cheaper every year.

Reactions: Galve2000
Whereas all of the other Tesla offerings are very beautiful ... .... the cybertruck is not. (IMHO)

I'm sure that loyal Tesla followers will buy the cybertruck, but I'm hesitant to say that it will have the hoped-for mass appeal.
Here is the west, most trucks (and there are exceptions) are work/pleasure vehicles. By work, I mean hauling hay, pulling horse trailers, and especially, pulling EV's on the weekend. Will a 5th wheel trailer connect to the bed (in fact, I haven't seen any pictures of the bed).

I hope the cybertruck is a tremendous success, and wishing that my initial skepticism is proven wrong. I would, however, have preferred, that EM concentrate in many talents and time on perfecting the 3's assembly and refreshing the S.