Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else going to trade their Model 3 for Cybertruck?

Would you trade your Model 3 for the new Cybertruck?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a disaster. No. I love my model 3 and have been ignoring texts from friends all day going after tesla for this move. Stop comparing this to an iPhone plus or the original imac. When something is fugly just call it fugly. Will be fascinated to see where this thing goes. I just can’t see actually making it to production in it’s current state.

Reactions: C141medic
There will be design changes before production - eg where were the cameras (edit: just saw them in a different video)? And the front end is almost certainly not compliant with EU regs. And the load bay door needs some work, judging by the way the ATV driver nearly put his back out.

With some changes it might keep me out of a Rivian, but either way the Model 3 stays. Still half-think it’s some kind of glorious meta-joke that Musk is playing on the industry/customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic
There will be design changes before production - eg where were the cameras? And the front end is almost certainly not compliant with EU regs. And the load bay door needs some work, judging by the way the ATV driver nearly put his back out.

With some changes it might keep me out of a Rivian, but either way the Model 3 stays. Still half-think it’s some kind of glorious meta-joke that Musk is playing on the industry/customers.
probably needs things like mirrors too?

Reactions: RobRain
Agreed.. all those buttons make me nauseous LOL It looks like the cockpit of a damn airplane or something. Hideous

As a pilot I am insulted by your comment:). Airplanes have knobs and dials that determine if you live or die. Most of the ones in the RAM pickup could have been replaced with a little better design, as the Model 3 has shown.

I was hoping the Cybertruck would be a replacement for my lifted Jeep Rubicon. Besides being too big for the trails I drive with the Jeep, it’s just plain ugly...though I love the drivetrain and rolled stainless steal concept. I really don’t see this as anything other than small player in the market....

What can't be argued is the quality of materials. There is a reason the new Ram won top 10 best interior in world (including all categories and brands). The Ram also offers a quite a bit more luxury features than any of the new Teslas.
and more importantly you can get the RAM with real leather. Not sure why synthetic plastic seats off-gassing toxic fumes is en vogue these days. Marketing > common sense.