Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else got rattles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m loving my 3 and have done 9,000kms in 6 months, which is a lot for me.

The problem is that I’ve driven a few bumpy and unsealed surfaces recently and now have a super-annoying rattle in my passenger B pillar.

Anyone else got any rattles & periodic noises?

Yes I had a intermittent rattle coming from the rear
Had it looked at when car was in for homelink install
Fortunately it rattled on the drive with the Tech and it was fixed
I think if you can’t reproduce the rattle with the Tech in the
car on the test drive you’re out of luck. That was the impression
I got when I mentioned the rattle when I was in service

The Tech also told me they have acoustic instruments
they can use to track down rattles.

Yeah I've got a few that are actively being looked at. I have one in the dash directly behind the steering wheel and one in the back left. When I had a mobile tech out fixing up some trim issues he took a look at them and attempted to fix both. At the time he took off and reattached the rear left trim pieces to see if that would settle it and at the time it did. He wasn't so lucky with the dash rattle so is ordering a new dash trim to see if that will resolve it.

Unfortunately after a day the rear rattle came back so he'll look at that again when the dash part arrives.

@Lozza12 have you remedied the B-pillar rattle? I have B-pillar noise but it's not a loose plastic rattle - it's a fluttering rattle coming from behind the B-pillar seat-belt trim. It's not the connection where the belt connects to the adjuster and everything seems tight including the clips. It only happens over ~60-65 MPH and sounds like a wheel liner flapping around those are secured. The sound is specific to that area and only that area.

@Lozza12 have you remedied the B-pillar rattle? I have B-pillar noise but it's not a loose plastic rattle - it's a fluttering rattle coming from behind the B-pillar seat-belt trim. It's not the connection where the belt connects to the adjuster and everything seems tight including the clips. It only happens over ~60-65 MPH and sounds like a wheel liner flapping around those are secured. The sound is specific to that area and only that area.
To be honest that one is no longer so bad - I think it was the plastic part of the passenger seat belt vibrating against the passenger B pillar. I now have a rattle somewhere near my passenger side tweeter speaker!

To be honest that one is no longer so bad - I think it was the plastic part of the passenger seat belt vibrating against the passenger B pillar. I now have a rattle somewhere near my passenger side tweeter speaker!
There are a few video's on you tube on fixing the tweeter rattle if you want to go the DIY way
Basically pull the tweeter off and glue the speaker to the retaining clips to stop the rattling

I've got Mobile Service coming to visit me tomorrow to take a look at some more rattles that came up after the previous fix I had. Most of them are in the back left and sound like they're coming from within the seat and underneath the side bolster. I actually pulled off the side bolster and found a cable clip wasn't secured so I pushed that in but it unfortunately didn't help. Lowering the back seat seems to pretty much get rid of the rattles so it seems like I'm in the right area.