TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else has a Chip on front edge of glass roof?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SlicedBr3ad, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

noticed today and pretty sure it's brand new. Vin 101xx. I've heard about glass roof cracks due to stress but didn't see any references to chips. Anyone else had this and resolved it with SC? What happened? Any help is appreciated.

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

A photo would be helpful.

3. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

27DE6CA0-D08C-46B2-8B74-1C4A533562FF.jpeg 2DE0A8F3-7175-4A0F-A0CF-7C2963DD7797.jpeg
    It's night time but here is something

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Ouch! I’m assuming this is from a rock impact?

5. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

That's what I'm thinking. Question is, how to save the rest of the glass roof.

6. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

E530AEB4-6EF5-4328-A7E5-0824BC522492.jpeg A5117719-BA80-4F41-8497-27B9B25EE131.jpeg

I have two small chips on the sides of my glass roof. I’m fairly certain it was delivered like that a week ago.

7. SlicedBr3ad

SlicedBr3ad Member

8. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Oh yeah. I should clarify they are nothing like the OP’s chip. These are just slight rough edges unlike the rest of the roof. Hopefully they don’t lead to cracks is all.

9. BlueSteel

BlueSteel New Member

Hi Chris,

Did you ask your service center to look at the rough edges? I have similar rough edges near the back of the rear glass roof.

10. astrowunder

astrowunder Member

I had a crack above the passenger door when I took delivery. It wasn't too bad, but I wanted them to make a note of it so I could get it replaced if it got worse, but It also had a horrible panel gap- the rest of the car was fine, but the front roof glass was really bad. They agreed to replace it, but haven't done it yet. I signed a form and have a copy. IMG_2471.JPG IMG_2472.JPG

11. astrowunder

astrowunder Member

Note that 2nd image shows the panel gap- it looks like the rear glass is cracked, but that's just a reflection.

12. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I have not had them look at anything yet. I’ve got a nice list of things going but nothing bad enough to make me demand service now.

13. SJC3

SJC3 Member

i have had rough edges since delivery as well. Chalk it up to a little sloppy manufacturing. The one bigger chip would concern me a bit though.

• Like x 1