Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else has a Chip on front edge of glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
noticed today and pretty sure it's brand new. Vin 101xx. I've heard about glass roof cracks due to stress but didn't see any references to chips. Anyone else had this and resolved it with SC? What happened? Any help is appreciated.

27DE6CA0-D08C-46B2-8B74-1C4A533562FF.jpeg 2DE0A8F3-7175-4A0F-A0CF-7C2963DD7797.jpeg
A photo would be helpful.
It's night time but here is something

I had a crack above the passenger door when I took delivery. It wasn't too bad, but I wanted them to make a note of it so I could get it replaced if it got worse, but It also had a horrible panel gap- the rest of the car was fine, but the front roof glass was really bad. They agreed to replace it, but haven't done it yet. I signed a form and have a copy.
IMG_2471.JPG
IMG_2472.JPG

I had a crack above the passenger door when I took delivery. It wasn't too bad, but I wanted them to make a note of it so I could get it replaced if it got worse, but It also had a horrible panel gap- the rest of the car was fine, but the front roof glass was really bad. They agreed to replace it, but haven't done it yet. I signed a form and have a copy.View attachment 344529 View attachment 344530

Wooo..that's a big difference, 1/2" ?

Yours looks like mine, off center by a noticeable amount. Looked at others in the delivery lot and it was definitely not the norm.

I had a crack above the passenger door when I took delivery. It wasn't too bad, but I wanted them to make a note of it so I could get it replaced if it got worse, but It also had a horrible panel gap- the rest of the car was fine, but the front roof glass was really bad. They agreed to replace it, but haven't done it yet. I signed a form and have a copy.View attachment 344529 View attachment 344530

I have a minor crack on the edge of the roof glass (above passenger front door) as well. Emailed a lot of pics to Norcal-Concerns asking it to be added to my "Due Bill". Got an email back from Tesla a couple of days later saying they added it to my "Service Profile". The front roof glass is also not evenly centered.