Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have the revozport spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm disappointed at the fitment and now frustrated that they have not replied to any of my requests for support. Although they were quick to respond to my purchase inquiries :rolleyes:

In any event, their spoiler's fittment in my case is not satisfactory, especially with the cost of their spoiler being 3-4x that of the replicas out there. I purchased from them and paid the 3-4x cost expecting to recieve a quality piece that would fit like OEM. Unfortunately, their product's quality is the same as the replicas. They are all likely manufatured by the same supplier in China.

The Test fit picture shows the driverside rear, where there is at least a 1/4" gap (that's right one quarter of an inch!) from the trunk.
IMG_3943.JPG IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3945.JPG

I went and ditched the slim 3m adhesive tape they supplied and re-applied 3/4" wide gorilla mounting tape to the spoiler. Cleaned the trunk area, then installed the spoiler and left it alone for a good 24hrs.
IMG_3889.JPG

Liftoff begins, this is not space-x, we don't want liftoff here..
IMG_3908.JPG

A few days later..
IMG_3962.JPG

Not only is the fittment and issue, the carbon fiber weave isn't that great either..
IMG_3936.JPG

Now if anyone else has this spoiler, or the replica, and has not had the same fittment issue as me, please speak up. I do understand that this could have just been a bad batch but the lack of response and support from revozport is upsetting.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this I would like this 'style' of spoiler, sans the lift-off and was worried about all the vendors quality. sigh, might have to pass.

What are you going to do now?

Thank you for sharing this I would like this 'style' of spoiler, sans the lift-off and was worried about all the vendors quality. sigh, might have to pass.

What are you going to do now?
I'm going to return it for a full refund and get a replica off ebay. At least with the substantially cheaper replica, the poor quality/fittment wouldn't bother me as much and I would be fine taking a dremel to it to get it to fit right.

I don't mind modding a $125 spoiler to fit, I do mind a $800 spoiler not fitting properly.

I've also taken into account that Tesla's infamous " Fit n' Finish " may play a role in this fittment issue. The driverside of this trunklid may be off by 3-6mm. Which would be really odd o_O

But nevertheless, the carbon fiber layering on this spoiler isn't up to par.

most of the replica spoiler on ebay are going for about $200 shipped.
IMG_9204.jpg :p

You should consider RPM Tesla. I think they have a similar spoiler and I've seen good things about their quality. Atleast you would be dealing with an actual company rather than someone from Ebay.
I actually prefer eBays "buyer protection, guaranteed satisfaction, yadada". BUT since RPM Tesla is sort of local to me, I may just drop by their facility and see whats up.

I've been looking at RPM's - also 'kinda' local to me and have had other good experiences with them.
They're backordered/made to order for 2 weeks. I ordered and whenever they are ready I will be driving up for will call and free install!

Hopefully I can sell my Turbine wheels at the same time, I don't look forward to loading them up and driving with'em tho.

Too bad it's not a stocked item as I would have liked to compare and remove the revozport spoiler at the same time.

Hi Ketchups,
When did you purchase this and where? Is there the "Revozport" logo on the side of the spoiler? Cos that's how you tell if it's a real one or not and the hologram with an ID.
Revozport guarantees fitment. You can just send it back for a new one.

Hi Ketchups,
When did you purchase this and where? Is there the "Revozport" logo on the side of the spoiler? Cos that's how you tell if it's a real one or not and the hologram with an ID.
Revozport guarantees fitment. You can just send it back for a new one.
Yeah it has the sticker and the hologram. I've been waiting for over a week for you guys to respond..
IMG_3464.jpg
The hologram is obvious not accessible right now, but I have the original box and all your paperwork that came with it.

You should consider RPM Tesla. I think they have a similar spoiler and I've seen good things about their quality. Atleast you would be dealing with an actual company rather than someone from Ebay.
Just my luck, the RPM spoiler is doing the same thing but worse, it's lifting on the passenger side 8330c1a9-a2cb-49ff-9347-f7baefe96ec5.jpg 09582445-8130-4705-8f08-c6c2d2211eb8.jpg and center 2cea817a-bd55-4ad6-9e4f-a519c6442fbf.jpg . I even had them install it.

Am I really the only one experiencing this issue with this style of spoiler?

I attribute the lifting to the fact that both spoilers you tried are full-length, which means there’s more bending/upward pressure towards the outsides. The longer the spoiler, the harder it is to have a perfectly flat piece. If you’re using tape solely, I’d just put a small bead of silicone adhesive on each end/center and let it sit overnight with weight on it. Won’t budge after that.

If possible, you should see if they can test fit the actual one that they are sending out to you. Most of these CF spoilers are made through a mold that decays/warps over time. The spoilers that were made in the mold's early life span may fit like a glove, but as the mold starts to warp/decay after xxx amount of spoilers were made may not fit as well later. Even though the spoiler runs the full width of the liftgate, it should still sit flush with no lifting. Either the mold is crap from the beginning and ALL spoilers made have issues (which doesn't appear to be the case) or the mold is nearing the end of its life span.

I attribute the lifting to the fact that both spoilers you tried are full-length, which means there’s more bending/upward pressure towards the outsides. The longer the spoiler, the harder it is to have a perfectly flat piece. If you’re using tape solely, I’d just put a small bead of silicone adhesive on each end/center and let it sit overnight with weight on it. Won’t budge after that.
no one should resort to putting a bead of silicone glue on their car. The spoiler should sit flush.

I had a feeling this would happen, I pointed out to Mark @rpmtesla (who installed the spoiler) that it did not appear to sit flush when test fitted and he assured me that once it's on with the 3m tape that it won't budge. Well, he was wrong. Still haven't heard back from him, I've been busy lately and haven't had the time to aggressively pursue this issue but I def. will when I get the time.

no one should resort to putting a bead of silicone glue on their car. The spoiler should sit flush.
Agree, but we all know the risk of buying an aftermarket spoiler, regardless of brand/company. They just can not compare to true OEM due to the mold and manufacturing process. Unless you’re planning on swapping spoilers down the line, using a little silicone to lock it in place isn’t a big deal IMO. Good luck either way!

You should definitely never have to put a bead of anything to a spoiler. As with any CF aftermarket products, it's all luck of the draw, but you should not have to put a bead of silicone on. Installing that spoiler w/ a bead of silicone for a gap that big would look incredibly lame on any car, especially one that is $100k+. I would request a return/refund/exchange from RPM Tesla. I had the same issue for one I ordered for my MS also (from a different vendor). The tail ends were lifting from the car. They'll be sending me a new one made from a new mold. I would ask them to test fit the replacement before they ship it out or make sure it sits flush when they install it for you (since it sounds like you are local to them). Depending on the temperature that is used to cure the resin for the CF, you could heat it to the same temperature and try to reshape it, but that is a lot of work that I wouldn't want to do.