Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having issues w/ Ludicrous+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed since getting the update to remove performance counters/reduction that when I use ludicrous plus, as soon as I go full throttle I go from "max battery" to "cooling". The max kw I get is 515 when I used to get 580. "Cooling" stay on for 10 sec then reverts back to "max battery". It's around 60 degrees outside today and it doesn't matter how long I wait between full throttle attempts I get the cooling immediately.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same? Seems to be there isn't a difference in performance counters and reduction in Kw if you can use max power! I'm going to reach out to Tesla when I have a chance to get explanation.

• Informative
Reactions: Tech_Guy
Hmm, i haven't tried it recently. i would test, but right now my car is off getting wrapped. maybe this weekend i'll get a chance.

i think i read that an update just came out on some cars that addresses a fan issue. maybe that's the issue it's addressing.

Reactions: Lbkmxp100d
@Lbkmxp100d Id check out this thread and this post with my current findings.

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

Basically the performance restoring update reduced power in all modes for my P90DL car. It would previously produce over 500 KW in max battery mode now only gets full power with launch mode and max battery power on. Otherwise it's limited to 480ish KW.

I suspected this would effect the P100DL as well and would love to see your results for the 4 diffrent modes available now
I'm hoping someone with the current software update and a p100dl will do some KW testing with the 4 different modes now available

max battery ready
with max battery ready and launch mode
with max battery and Ludicrous plus
and with max battery ready and Ludicrous plus with launch mode

It sounds like you collected the with max battery and Ludicrous plus Data already 515 KW now with update vs 580KW previously.

if you have an iPhone download the app powertools for tesla to gather data when your not in ludicrous plus. You would login to your tesla account select start vehicle tracker and then accelerate at full throttle from 0-60. I would screen shot after each test and then select done and start again with the next mode. Happy to explain further if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShotgunF15E
@Lbkmxp100d Id check out this thread and this post with my current findings.

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

Basically the performance restoring update reduced power in all modes for my P90DL car. It would previously produce over 500 KW in max battery mode now only gets full power with launch mode and max battery power on. Otherwise it's limited to 480ish KW.

I suspected this would effect the P100DL as well and would love to see your results for the 4 diffrent modes available now

It sounds like you collected the with max battery and Ludicrous plus Data already 515 KW now with update vs 580KW previously.

if you have an iPhone download the app powertools for tesla to gather data when your not in ludicrous plus. You would login to your tesla account select start vehicle tracker and then accelerate at full throttle from 0-60. I would screen shot after each test and then select done and start again with the next mode. Happy to explain further if needed.

Now they need to enable launch mode with slip start. I was at the track today and the conditions were so poor that launch mode kept reducing power to the wheels to keep them from spinning. Times were worse than turning slip start on and mashing the pedal even knowing I was getting reduced power. So frustrating. Now sure how anyone is ever going to get their best 1/4 mile time unless the track is perfect and you have super sticky tires.

My "Ludicrous+" has not worked from the beginning (4 month old car P100D). Ludicrous worked at first then...poof ....disappeared. Technician at local shop scratched his head and said "weird" then performed some magic to make it come back. Ludicrous PLUS never worked.......... (when initiated) just sits at "one hour plus to max battery" message after maximum battery box button is pushed. Never goes past that small blue message under the "Ludicrous" button. Anyway.....Tesla "technical support" said they would get back to me.