Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having "Loading Error" with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I started having an issue where I'd get loading error with slacker and tune in.

The internet is connected because I can search website and google works on the internet browser. But slacker wont load.

I can change stations and every time I change the stations the a new song will load but it won't play, it will say loading error. Very frustrating. No software updates or anything this was completely random.
Anyone else having this?

Skipping songs doesn't work.
I've tried to reset by holding the two scroll wheels. Doesn't fix. I've switched between tunein and slacker and switched stations. Hasn't worked.

I'll try to factory reset
If the reboot doesn't work I've found switching to the regular radio and back to slacker or tunein resets things because you basically switch off the cellular connection for a second which kind of gives streaming a fresh start, rebooting the touchscreen does the same thing but switching to regular radio and back to streaming is faster

Yes, the frequency of loading error is picking up.

I bet it has to do with busy proxy servers at Tesla.. and not slacker. not poor physical connectivity.

Got about 3 loading errors within the last week... and over the life of the car previous 3 years maybe 2 loading errors in total.

So... it's happening more.

I've seen this quite a bit with the latest firmware. I saw it only when there was obviously no connectivity previously. Now I see it a couple of times per trip, and where I still have good 3G connectivity (as tested by web browser).

I also note that my car also takes much longer to release my WiFi connection and roll over to 3G than it used. It's now uncommon for me to be several minutes away from my house and the car still show the WiFi indicator with 0 bars, and not have hit 3G yet. It never did that before either.

Reactions: Enadler
if you have 3g coverage while you're parked at home, why use wifi at all?

I've never used wifi on the car...

turning it off will save time on the switch-over to cell net, because it doesn't have to switch over

A few reasons:

- WiFi is faster than 3G if the car needs to download stuff (not that big of a deal, but it migh make the difference in getting an update from one day to the next)
- I get to see what the car is doing via my network monitoring
- At one point it was suggested WiFi would be prioritized for FW updates (although I don't believe this is done, I'm ready!).

But... the primary reason I noted this in my post is that this was a detrimental change in the last FW. It used to work rather seamlessly... now not so much.

I've seen this quite a bit with the latest firmware. I saw it only when there was obviously no connectivity previously. Now I see it a couple of times per trip, and where I still have good 3G connectivity (as tested by web browser).

I also note that my car also takes much longer to release my WiFi connection and roll over to 3G than it used. It's now uncommon for me to be several minutes away from my house and the car still show the WiFi indicator with 0 bars, and not have hit 3G yet. It never did that before either.

I've noticed some of the things you mentioned as well. I've had to reboot a couple times because the 3G was just not connecting after leaving my house where it was connected to wifi

Hello,

I'm surprised that I haven't seen a ton of recent posts about this, but I have a 2016 MS 75 and I've have the 'loading error' problem for quite some time. For most podcasts in TuneIn, I can follow the normal steps of just reloading or switching back and forth the next episode and eventually it works fine (I see this with StarTalk and Talking Tesla pretty often). However, for a couple podcasts (e.g., Stuff You Should Know and TechStuff) there is literally NOTHING I can do to get them to play anymore.

I've tried all the suggestions (rebooting both screens, flipping through ALL the episodes, removing them from my favorites, using the 'search' bar, switching to the radio & slacker and back, using WiFi, refreshing over and over, etc...) I even called Tesla support about this issue and they said there was probably just something going on with that particular podcast(s). Its been going on for over two months now and every now and then (like tonight) I'll sit in my car for 5-10 minutes trying to get them to play again with no luck. Perhaps these podcasts were removed from TuneIn?

Tesla also suggested that I call TuneIn to open a case with them, but I feel like this is a lost cause. I used to listen to both of these podcasts on a daily basis until this happened. Any ideas? I was going to try the suggestion from DoYouEvenTrap to perform a full factory reset, but I don't want to go through the hassle of reprogramming all my custom settings if this isn't going to do a damn thing.

Not a huge deal, but would love to get this fixed eventually...

Thanks in advance!