Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having "Loading Error" with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a year slacker has worked great. Over the past few weeks I can't listen to a single song without it freezing and buffering. The LTE signal is strong. Tesla has done something over the past updates to change something and it's very irritating.

For a year slacker has worked great. Over the past few weeks I can't listen to a single song without it freezing and buffering. The LTE signal is strong. Tesla has done something over the past updates to change something and it's very irritating.

Tend to agree, have not had a lot of buffering issues, but just took my first longer trip in my Model X and Slacker and TuneIn both were almost unusable, to the point that I stopped along the highway and rebooted the center screen, which seemed to help for about 10 minutes. Eventually just switched to my phone, which then had no issues at all the remainder of the trip, not one glitch. The "Tesla Experience" is starting to wear on me after only 2 months of owning an S and an X. It is just small things, but after a while the small things get very annoying. Might not be the right cars for me I suspect.

Tend to agree, have not had a lot of buffering issues, but just took my first longer trip in my Model X and Slacker and TuneIn both were almost unusable, to the point that I stopped along the highway and rebooted the center screen, which seemed to help for about 10 minutes. Eventually just switched to my phone, which then had no issues at all the remainder of the trip, not one glitch. The "Tesla Experience" is starting to wear on me after only 2 months of owning an S and an X. It is just small things, but after a while the small things get very annoying. Might not be the right cars for me I suspect.

My console has rebooted itself while driving twice this past week when it gets completely frozen. I have no doubt the issue is in Teslas firmware and I wish we could roll back updates. I also agree with the Tesla experience and if I could sell mine without losing 25k in less than a year I probably would.

Fixed in my car as of this morning, LTE speeds back up to 3.0mbps from 200kbps, no software update so it must have been on the LTE side of the house. Slacker and Tune-in working fine again, so it was down for exactly a week.

Last edited:
Same problem here for a couple of months now on our 2015 P85D with 3G cellular module even with 5 bars. Have to switch inputs to Radio or Sirius satellite (which we don't subscribe to) then back to Slacker to get streaming to start again.

Attachments

• IMG_4502.JPG
    IMG_4502.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 46
Fixed in my car as of this morning, LTE speeds back up to 3.0mbps from 200kbps, no software update so it must have been on the LTE side of the house. Slacker and Tune-in working fine again, so it was down for exactly a week.

I have a feeling AT&T might be throttling Tesla customers. How did you see your speed? I sat in front of Cell Tower with 5 bars and songs were still freezing.

This is also happening after months of flourless slacker radio The songs are all slow to start and then it buffers and skip to the next song. Very frustrating !

I'm joining the club. After years of not having this problem, I'm now getting "Loading Error" on Slacker, USB, --- AND my cell phone (bluetooth/iPhone 6S). After getting "Loading Error" across all three sources, the screen spontaneously reboots. This has now happened three times in the last two days.

I don't know if it's LTE throttling or just more media player bugs with the most recent update (2017.42). :rolleyes:

I drove home today and for the entire 15 minute ride, it was "Loading Error" on every source except FM radio.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

I'm joining the club. After years of not having this problem, I'm now getting "Loading Error" on Slacker, USB, --- AND my cell phone (bluetooth/iPhone 6S). After getting "Loading Error" across all three sources, the screen spontaneously reboots. This has now happened three times in the last two days.

I don't know if it's LTE throttling or just more media player bugs with the most recent update (2017.42). :rolleyes:

I drove home today and for the entire 15 minute ride, it was "Loading Error" on every source except FM radio.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi Hank! I can tell you in my case it's not LTE throttling as I still only have 3G. It seems to hit people on both sides of that aisle. My service center is telling me this is a firmware problem that will be addressed next year. The corporate folks I've been emailing don't seem to be aware of the problem at all... So that doesn't bode well for a fix any time soon. Hopefully all this attention here might get them to move on it sooner. Very frustrating.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
This is going to be a real disappointing user experience for all the new owners out there as my screen reboots every 3 minutes and I can only listen to AM/FM radio.

I have had mine for a couple years so I know that upgraded firmware comes frequently... it would be nice to know when that's planned.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
FWIW I can confirm that the Slacker loading errors are NOT firmware related as I have stayed on 7.x (and will do so forever unless they fix the USB bugs), and I'm getting the Slacker loading errors. They're server-side.

Of course, Tesla has nothing approximating a bug-tracking system and no procedure for regression testing and no method for getting feedback from users, so they'll never figure this out. :sigh: Hope they read the forums, but there's evidence they don't any more.

Their software development practices are, bluntly speaking, incompetent. I'm no expert at the topic but I could reorganize that department better than it's currently run. I'm too sick to move out to California and do the work -- but there's probably a thousand people more qualified than me that they could hire who actually know how to run a decent bug tracking system.

Of course, Tesla has nothing approximating a bug-tracking system and no procedure for regression testing and no method for getting feedback from users,

Thank you sir, I'll have another hyperbole, please.

So you work for Tesla and know this for sure? Unless you do, you have no idea what they have or use for bug tracking and regression testing, but I'm sure it's more than what you assert. You have no idea what their internal constraints are, how big their staff is, and what trade-offs they had to make to get out the software they have released.

Yeah, they release crappy code with a lot of bugs, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with "fake news".