Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having "Loading Error" with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2017.46.8 at SC yesterday. Only have used Slacker for about 15-20 minutes or so, but no loading errors so far. Hope I haven't just jinxed myself.

I have 90 minute drive this AM. Will test Slacker and my usb connected hard drive and report back this PM.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
This my second S. Traded it in in march got. I know how good the car is when working properly. Has been nothing but horrible since mid summer. When i called in about it in july was told just reboot it will fix itself. Never a callback. Now it is basically unusable for me. The vehicle constantly reboots as I'm driving, random songs stop playing, get in the car after parking for a bit and am station is playing with bursts of static for about 15 seconds before the radio tunes in properly to that am station. They just replaced the screen to eliminate that as a potential cause. Still the same. So now i use pandora via my cell. It is just extremely frustrating that the guys can't fix it. My service technician is very intone with my frustration and is at a loss. I keep getting emails about how my repair experience went and don't want to get him in trouble, he is going out of his way to try and make it right but i must say i am pretty much done with recommending tesla to people i meet. it is really bad for me and not what i expect for the cost of the vehicle. To many other options out there to deal with this.

I swear this is just LTE throttling - I mean as with all testing it works great on WiFi, and horrible on LTE. Is Tesla VPNn traffic only over LTE and not WiFi? One easy test, take SIM card out of tesla and test in a phone for instance, or put in new SIM card in tesla that isn’t provisioned by tesla on their account.

Agree 100% I’m thinking it’s a Tesla and provider issue.. maybe exceeding data plans that were agreed.. time will tell. Or maybe there is a change coming with Tesla starting to charge for faster bandwidth. Free for x speeds and a monthly $$ charge for faster speed access.

Reactions: Iluvpcs
Tesla must be late paying the cell bill ;)

I’d be ok to pay for more bandwidth and in car MiFi type service after a used limit (would be nice sharing for 3g/LTE for passengers, if the rate was attractive enough). With number of vehicles I’m sure they have some good buying power. Just communicate the issue - it can’t be that hard to figure out with a few IT engineers and few days (I’m being generous on time needed).

I swear this is just LTE throttling - I mean as with all testing it works great on WiFi, and horrible on LTE. Is Tesla VPNn traffic only over LTE and not WiFi? One easy test, take SIM card out of tesla and test in a phone for instance, or put in new SIM card in tesla that isn’t provisioned by tesla on their account.

Could be, Tesla connects to VPN over both Wifi and LTE.

Not for web traffic, it doesn't. Just connect to your wifi and go to any ip address webpage. It will show your IP address.

As mentioned before, car telemetry still goes through the VPN.

Question was "connects" not what services is just passes through. It makes a VPN connection on both LTE and Wifi and if it doesn't make a VPN connection when connecting to WiFi it will reset WiFi.

tunein is almost unusable i mostly listen to cnn can’t get more than one minute without circle of death for 3 to 15 second s podcast science friday won’t load at all called sc ask them to check on car at dealership and they couldn’t load called tesla still no answer

I sent an email to Tesla service, but I could not find the information on executive escalation on the Tesla website.
Can you please remind us how to do that?
Thanks!

Sure.

1. Log in to your MyTesla Account
2. Choose Manage for one of your listed Vehicles
3. In the middle of the Vehicle page there is a section for Support
4. Choose "Escalate this concern for management review" from the drop down and add text regarding the issue and submit

You should get a response in about 24 - 48 hours, but I have had varying experiences.

Sure.

1. Log in to your MyTesla Account
2. Choose Manage for one of your listed Vehicles
3. In the middle of the Vehicle page there is a section for Support
4. Choose "Escalate this concern for management review" from the drop down and add text regarding the issue and submit

You should get a response in about 24 - 48 hours, but I have had varying experiences.

Done!
Thanks!

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out to our team. We are currently aware of the issues with the Slacker Radio and TuneIn and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineering team is currently working to correct this issue. We currently do not have an exact ETA, however the correction will be a firmware update.

Best Regards,

Calena | Executive Care

45500 Fremont Blvd | Fremont

Reactions: NewTMSMan
Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out to our team. We are currently aware of the issues with the Slacker Radio and TuneIn and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineering team is currently working to correct this issue. We currently do not have an exact ETA, however the correction will be a firmware update.

Best Regards,

Calena | Executive Care

45500 Fremont Blvd | Fremont

Interesting. In response to my email to the service email address ([email protected]), I got a message with lots of questions about the specifics of my experience. I will reply, of course, in case it helps.

Interesting. In response to my email to the service email address ([email protected]), I got a message with lots of questions about the specifics of my experience. I will reply, of course, in case it helps.

Interesting and also I wonder if they are just trying to collect as much data as possible. Either way my car is going in tomorrow for dinner other issues including this and slow supercharging. We shall see what they say.

Interesting and also I wonder if they are just trying to collect as much data as possible. Either way my car is going in tomorrow for dinner other issues including this and slow supercharging. We shall see what they say.

This should not have said dinner ha.

Just an update car is coming home tomorrow but Tesla confirmed engineering is working on the issue and that they are trying to determine the root cause and the path forward. Still no ETA.