Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having "Loading Error" with Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local Tesla Service Center has been telling me for months that Tesla would be releasing a firmware update "early in 2018" that will fix the constant Loading Errors I get on my Music System. Well the firmware update just happened.... and there is nothing about a fix for the Loading Errors in the release notes at all. I'll be taking a close look at Slacker today to see if there's any improvement. But I'm not hopeful. What the hell? :(

OMG! IT IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just received 2018.14 less than an hour ago. I normally don't get updates 'hot off the press' (I was on 2018.6.1 as of this morning) but I noticed on the ev-fw.com firmware tracker that only 5 people had reported having this update so far.

There was nothing special mentioned in the release notes aside from the new functionality to allow the Tesla app to open your frunk and rear trunk, but when I went to do my normal "Loading Error" check (which is always futile), to my amazement - everything was working perfectly. Previously I could not listen to certain podcasts at all (e.g., Stuff You Should Know, Pod Save America, etc...) and many others would give me frequent loading error issues - but it appears to be 100% fixed!!!

Tesla Tidbits actually had this "Loading Error" issue with episodes 270-280 and mentioned it in episode 281, when it suddenly started working again (however, you could never play these phantom episodes due to the 'loading error'). I just tested these phantom episodes out again and they all play perfectly.

Obviously, I'm super excited about this - but would love to hear some validation from all of you!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I hope you're right. I've been using the Radio lately since I gave up on Slacker. I wonder why they didn't acknowledge the fix in the release notes? Maybe they were hoping people had stopped using Slacker like myself, and didn't want to remind them. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a look tomorrow. If I can go 5 miles without a loading error it will be an improvement. :D

Reactions: JHawk
I hope you're right. I've been using the Radio lately since I gave up on Slacker. I wonder why they didn't acknowledge the fix in the release notes? Maybe they were hoping people had stopped using Slacker like myself, and didn't want to remind them. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a look tomorrow. If I can go 5 miles without a loading error it will be an improvement. :D

Believe it! I've had this issue for almost 2 years and have spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot it.

Just received confirmation from another user in the 2018.14 thread that this release fixed their "Loading Errors" as well.

Just a fair warning that this update takes 1.5 to 2 hours to install. Browser was updated too, much faster (but still slower than your smartphone) and pages that normally didn't render now work properly (e.g., CNN, YouTube, Google News, this site :D) Might have something to do with this... I've never seen LTE speeds even close to this before (1 bar too!)

IMG_8188.JPG