TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone else having problems getting to the Tesla forums?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Nhallwood, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Nhallwood

Nhallwood Member

Over the last couple of days, whenever I have tried to access the forums on the Tesla site, I've been redirected to the US home page.

2. jackie

jackie Member

Don't think you are alone. I get the same problem too and I saw comments on the Blog about the 9th October announcements suggesting that other people had the same issue.

3. Rluner

Rluner Member

Ive had no issues, but then maybe Ive just been lucky.

4. Franny

Franny New Member

Franny

Yep. Forum now impossible to link into. Just get American dual engine advert. What's going on?

5. smaxwell

smaxwell Member

Same here - from the UK

6. WSE51

WSE51 Member

Two possibilities -- (a) they are changing/upgrading the Forum and needed to take it down briefly to accomplish this, or (b) they wanted to avoid the many complaints (visible on TMC forums) over the loss in value of recently delivered cars that are "suddenly" not state-of-the-art due to the dual motor and autopilot announcements. I say "suddenly" in quotes because both of these features were widely discussed on TM and TMC forums for the past year. A third possibility is that a software glitch just happened to develop on the same day as the "D" announcement, but I discount that.

7. rsigman

rsigman New Member

From Tesla:
    "Thank youfor contacting Tesla Motors technical support regarding our messageboards. The forums are currently down but we are aware of the issueand our team is working to get them back up as soon as possible."

8. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

All the Tesla forums have been down since Friday around 9pm UK time.

It's embarrassing quite how painful I have found this mandatory cold-turkey!

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The Tesla Motors forum doesn't have a search function, but this one does. Lots of posts here about this since Thursday.

10. slartybartfarst

hi mgboyes, dgsutton2007 here you as well eh lol

11. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

It would be interesting to see a graph of TMC forum use (bandwidth, page views, whatever) for the past week. I'm sure TMC has seen a nice uplift :)