Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having problems with Summon not backing the car out of the garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen some intermittent posts about this but wanted to see if anyone has found a good solution.

I park my 2022 Model S in my home garage. I do this manually. If I open the garage door, step into the driveway (does not seem to matter where or by what distance) and I press the reverse button on summon the car will go through the initial steps, I see the reverse lights, and then everything shuts down. I can't get it to budge an inch.

I have read on report where someone was able to get it to back out if he opened the rear hatch and closed it. Weird, okay. But it didn't work for me.

Others have tried painted lines on the driveway to give the car some visual cues. I tried that with yellow construction tape to no avail. I even moved it up to the camera, and down the driveway etc. There seems to be something in my garage that cameras don't like. If the program told me something or gave a visual clue as to what is happening that would be helpful.

I find it interesting that for as advanced as a Tesla is, and I love my Telsa, that is can be so stupid at times, and the fact that the engineers do not give us access to more data is bewildering. eg. in the above scenario. When the summon fails, let it show me the reason for the failure, or the sensors that stopped it. From there we can build a framework of what is causing the issue.

I have seen some intermittent posts about this but wanted to see if anyone has found a good solution.

I park my 2022 Model S in my home garage. I do this manually. If I open the garage door, step into the driveway (does not seem to matter where or by what distance) and I press the reverse button on summon the car will go through the initial steps, I see the reverse lights, and then everything shuts down. I can't get it to budge an inch.

I have read on report where someone was able to get it to back out if he opened the rear hatch and closed it. Weird, okay. But it didn't work for me.

Others have tried painted lines on the driveway to give the car some visual cues. I tried that with yellow construction tape to no avail. I even moved it up to the camera, and down the driveway etc. There seems to be something in my garage that cameras don't like. If the program told me something or gave a visual clue as to what is happening that would be helpful.

I find it interesting that for as advanced as a Tesla is, and I love my Telsa, that is can be so stupid at times, and the fact that the engineers do not give us access to more data is bewildering. eg. in the above scenario. When the summon fails, let it show me the reason for the failure, or the sensors that stopped it. From there we can build a framework of what is causing the issue.
I have a 2017 S 100D that I summon in and out of my garage all the time and it works without incident. Sorry I can't help you.

Upvote 0
I've been experiencing this on my M3 since September 2021. The car just stops. No errors, no warning. Please see my post here. Service said there are not abnormal errors in my logs.

Upvote 0