Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Having Spotify Playlist and Playback Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you also contacted Spotify?

Could this be something on Spotify's end?

No Spotify told me Tesla needs to fix this on their end. I think if enough complaints come in the might address it. I mean who does their testing that they wouldn’t have noticed it not working correctly from day one. I could report bugs all day honestly but this one annoys me the most.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhilDavid
No Spotify told me Tesla needs to fix this on their end. I think if enough complaints come in the might address it. I mean who does their testing that they wouldn’t have noticed it not working correctly from day one. I could report bugs all day honestly but this one annoys me the most.

Yeah it just plains sucks not being able to listen to music in the car reliably.

... especially for those of us who've had issues with the USB music player for years and tried out Spotify to find out it's worse :(

Anyone else having issues, please contact both Tesla and Spotify so hopefully they fix the music player.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Getting closer to addressing but they have Slacker confused with Spotify lol. I responded back stating it was a Spotify issue. Getting some progress and hopefully no runaround.

Attachments

• F9C938CF-4535-4F76-97A0-2603A4DFE676.jpeg
    F9C938CF-4535-4F76-97A0-2603A4DFE676.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 100
  • Helpful
Getting closer to addressing but they have Slacker confused with Spotify lol. I responded back stating it was a Spotify issue. Getting some progress and hopefully no runaround.

So glad to hear they are looking into this.

It seems for every Spotify playlist I try to play in random order, the car keeps playing a handful of songs from that playlist over and over again ignoring all the other tracks. If I turn off random mode, then it plays all the tracks.

Seems when a playlist is on random it caches just a few songs and never plays the rest of the songs in the playlist, as it should.

The thing is I listen to all my playlists in random order sort of making my own radio station of songs of a certain genre so random is the only way I play playlists.

• Disagree
Are you not seeing constant "Loading Errors" and custom playlists on random only playing a handful of the same songs over and over again?
Not sure about Loading Errors, but I was definitely having the problem where it would only play a subset of songs of a custom playlist when random was selected. I was having these issues when my car had MCU1. My car has since been upgraded to MCU2 as part of the Infotainment upgrade. I stopped using the random setting due to this bug. I'll switch it back to random and see if it is still happening with MCU2. May take a while since I'm not driving as much lately and am working from home due to COVID-19.

Not sure about Loading Errors, but I was definitely having the problem where it would only play a subset of songs of a custom playlist when random was selected. I was having these issues when my car had MCU1. My car has since been upgraded to MCU2 as part of the Infotainment upgrade. I stopped using the random setting due to this bug. I'll switch it back to random and see if it is still happening with MCU2. May take a while since I'm not driving as much lately and am working from home due to COVID-19.

I just need to listen to playlists in random order because I've added so many songs and I would oftentimes ad similar songs at the same time so without random you are listening to similar music rather than a nice mix of songs without knowing which song is next a bit like a radio station.

It's crazy that the Spotify music player can't handle playing a playlist in random order. This should be easy enough to fix but so are some of the other music player bugs they have yet to fix :(

I wonder if this could be an issue on Spotify's end (?)

• Disagree
I just need to listen to playlists in random order because I've added so many songs and I would oftentimes ad similar songs at the same time so without random you are listening to similar music rather than a nice mix of songs without knowing which song is next a bit like a radio station.

It's crazy that the Spotify music player can't handle playing a playlist in random order. This should be easy enough to fix but so are some of the other music player bugs they have yet to fix :(

I totally get it and want to use the random setting for exactly the same reason. When I noticed that it wasn't working I switched random off.

No way to tell for sure if this is Spotify or Tesla. My gut feeling is this is a Tesla problem. I don't listen to Spotify other than in my car so I don't have any other playback experience to compare to.

in the Spotify app on my iPhone and iMac, I have the automatic playlist called "Liked Songs", it collects all the songs for which I've tapped on the heart icon over time (currently ~2000 songs). In my Model S, that same playlist shows up in Spotify as simply "Songs". When I shuffle this playlist in the car, it seems to shuffle randomly as expected and never repeats the same handful of songs, as you are experiencing.

just wondering if you have tried shuffling this same large "Songs" list with all your liked songs and if it behave same?

Most of the other playlists I use in the car are the automatically generated ones, e.g. Release Radar, Discover Weekly, Daily Mix 1, Daily Mix 2, etc. Or sometimes curated ones, ie ones that I didn't build manually. These playlist are only around 30-50 songs however. But when I shuffle these playlists, again it seems they play all the songs randomly and I never experience the same handful of songs repeating. Meanwhile the problem I have with Spotify is frequent loading errors or simply stopping playback suddenly (daily) and requiring switching of audio source before Spotify will even respond to button presses. As with other media player bugs, there seems to be no single failure mode across all owners. The only thing guaranteed for all of us is Tesla's total disinterest/inability to fix the music player.

I have a 2020 Model S. I also had the same issue with playlists only playing no more than 15 of the same tracks over and over again. I reached out to Tesla and they gave me the attached response (rebooting the car/turning off and on). So far, I haven't had any issues yet but will continue to test it out. Hopefully it resolves the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 48
I have a 2020 Model S. I also had the same issue with playlists only playing no more than 15 of the same tracks over and over again. I reached out to Tesla and they gave me the attached response (rebooting the car/turning off and on). So far, I haven't had any issues yet but will continue to test it out. Hopefully it resolves the issue.

Unfortunately multiple reboots have not solved this issue.

Whenever I listen to a playlist I have created in random order, it just keeps playing the same songs over and over again.

Apart from that I get lots of loading errors.

Sometimes it gets into a weird mode where it just keeps playing the same song over and over again.