Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having trouble paying from Fidelity in Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news: my car is here and I’m supposed to pick it up tomorrow, Sunday.

Bad news: endless technical difficulties transferring funds. When I bought my current Tesla, it allowed me to pull funds from multiple accounts. Support said that’s no longer possible. So I transferred the money to one account, in Fidelity. That came up in the Tesla app as a option, but when I tried to connect it, the app said no eligible accounts. I spoke with a Fidelity rep who said there was no problem on their end, and from their standpoint it should work. Tesla support seems lost.

I tried wiring the funds, but was told that wouldn’t happen until Monday. Has anyone else successfully paid from a Fidelity account?

My understanding is you can pay from any BANK checking or savings account that accepts Debit transactions. Any bank account you could pay your monthly utility bill from would be OK. I think brokerage, credit card, or any other type of account that charges a fee may not be accepted.

Reactions: 2101Guy
My understanding is you can pay from any BANK checking or savings account that accepts Debit transactions. Any bank account you could pay your monthly utility bill from would be OK. I think brokerage, credit card, or any other type of account that charges a fee may not be accepted.
That may be it. I can write checks from this account and they don’t charge me a fee, but maybe they charge Tesla?

I just went through this as well and found this post from a Google search. So I'll share what happened incase it helps someone in the future.
I wanted to pay from my Fidelity Individual Account. When I attempted to log into Fidelity via the Tesla app it said no valid accounts were found in my Fidelity. So I then added my account manually with the routing and account #. To find those log into Fidelity, Click on the Individual account. On the account page you will see three dots. Expand that to see the full account number.