Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having trouble with TuneIn radio stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trnsl8r

S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018
Aug 20, 2011
San Jose, CA
For the last several weeks now, I have been unable to play internet based radio stations found under the TuneIn section. When I try one of my saved stations, it spins for a while, then the whole music section locks up and becomes unresponsive for several minutes before I can try something else (and if "something else" is another TuneIn station, the whole thing repeats). Playing regular FM radio or streaming music channels work fine.

This is on late 2016 X with v10.2 (220.36.3.1) but it's been like this for a couple of versions.

I recently had the computer hardware upgraded for FSD, but can't swear this was induced by the upgrade or a software update...

Hello,

Same problem here and also upgraded to FSD recently. Screen very unresponsive and TuneIn hardly useful.
I think it is related to 2020.32 and the new TuneIn version.
This morning I have contacted SC and been told they were going to connect to the car remotely.
They haven’t contacted me again, but this afternoon TuneIn has working fine.

Hello,

Same problem here and also upgraded to FSD recently. Screen very unresponsive and TuneIn hardly useful.
I think it is related to 2020.32 and the new TuneIn version.
This morning I have contacted SC and been told they were going to connect to the car remotely.
They haven’t contacted me again, but this afternoon TuneIn has working fine.
Interesting indeed, and doesn't seem like a coincidence. You just called your local service center or the main line?

I contacted via the App last Friday, and they called me this morning, not bad, and asked some questions, about the USD drive I use for the dashcam and how often I reset trip meters. I have read several times that trip meters use a lot of memory as every single trip is recorded.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Trnsl8r
For the last several weeks now, I have been unable to play internet based radio stations found under the TuneIn section. When I try one of my saved stations, it spins for a while, then the whole music section locks up and becomes unresponsive for several minutes before I can try something else (and if "something else" is another TuneIn station, the whole thing repeats). Playing regular FM radio or streaming music channels work fine.

This is on late 2016 X with v10.2 (220.36.3.1) but it's been like this for a couple of versions.

I recently had the computer hardware upgraded for FSD, but can't swear this was induced by the upgrade or a software update...
I had this issue too. Rather than accessing the radio station through your favorites list, try going through the genres menu on TuneIn screen. This worked consistently for me for a few stations. Seems like a bug with saved favorites list.

I had this issue too. Rather than accessing the radio station through your favorites list, try going through the genres menu on TuneIn screen. This worked consistently for me for a few stations. Seems like a bug with saved favorites list.
I have the same problem and fix for MSNBC. The saved icon under favs just spins and then timeouts and says error. Then I go under the Tunein button and News and select MSNBC, it works. Been doing that for 4-5 months now.

• Informative
Reactions: Trnsl8r