Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else in IL waiting on solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed my contact in March but they can't apply for permits or interconnect yet.

The wait is killing me. At this rate, they might end up having my powerwalls installed before my panels!

Maybe we can start a support group?

Nope.

They got their DG license a while ago... 2015 I think... But they didn't start taking orders until earlier this year. The formal announcement came on April 12th. The guy who did my site survey told me that Tesla had relocated experienced teams from out of state and he had only been here a couple of weeks.

From what I've been told, their ME wasn't licensed in IL so they've been waiting for that to come through. It's been approved and everyone's fingers are crossed that everything will be finalized this week. Hopefully, they'll be able to start pulling permits soon.

Nope.

They got their DG license a while ago... 2015 I think... But they didn't start taking orders until earlier this year. The formal announcement came on April 12th. The guy who did my site survey told me that Tesla had relocated experienced teams from out of state and he had only been here a couple of weeks.

From what I've been told, their ME wasn't licensed in IL so they've been waiting for that to come through. It's been approved and everyone's fingers are crossed that everything will be finalized this week. Hopefully, they'll be able to start pulling permits soon.
Good grief. I'd forgotten they were still expanding sales territories somehow! :D

Good luck getting things moving!

Reactions: JD01
To anyone in IL who's waiting for solar panels:

Today I received firm confirmation from both my local team and the team in Vegas, that Tesla has its IL DG installer license in hand. They're moving forward with interconnect on all of our systems immediately.

Permits, however, are another issue. For those who don't know, IL doesn't have state-wide electrician licenses so the local teams still have some work to do at the county level before they can do any installs. In some counties, it's as simple as registering and paying a small fee. In others, it's a licensing process that can take 30 to 90 days. Don't quote me, but they made it sound as if they've already submitted their applications and are just waiting to receive the bonds.

I've been given assurances that all of our permits have been pre-prepped so they can be submited the moment they're allowed to perform electrical work in a given county. Again, don't quote me but they made it sound as if all of the paperwork is ready to go. They just need to hand it over to the AHJ.

In other words...

Yay! We're almost there :)

My best guestimate is that installs should start mid to late August.

(And for the record: I hope your county has a grueling license process so I'll get my panels first.)