Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else in SoCal in Storm Watch? 1/20/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad this was activated…been without power for 2 hours now

Attachments

• 92AB52DC-AA12-4684-BFD4-75EC3D42E1F2.jpeg
    92AB52DC-AA12-4684-BFD4-75EC3D42E1F2.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 75
Interesting that Storm Watch is no longer active for me even though we’re still under a high wind warning for another 3 hours.
It was just activated again even though nothing changed. Weird.

ETA: Just got another Tesla notification. It appears SW was deactivated when the NWS changed the wind warning ending in 2 hours to an advisory ending tomorrow. During the transition SW was turned off. After the change took effect it was turned back on.

Last edited:
This is how you know last week's wind event that triggered this particular SW for this thread I posted was going to be a big deal. This is the current and very typical wind advisory. I live in that donut hole. We never get strong Santa Ana winds. So when I received this SW event last week for wind, I knew it would be major. And it was..

I am sure all of those that live in the brown area are currently under SW. I am not
Capture.PNG

Yeah, stormwatch mode is still on for me at the moment. I have not toggled it off on my own. What I mean is, stormwatch has been activated, then deactivated, then activated again by another alert, etc. This has happened like 3 times since for me since you posted this thread.

Paradoxically, I havent had any real wind gusts at my home that were worrisome.

A lot of my money went to Claremont when my daughter was at my
This is how you know last week's wind event that triggered this particular SW for this thread I posted was going to be a big deal. This is the current and very typical wind advisory. I live in that donut hole. We never get strong Santa Ana winds. So when I received this SW event last week for wind, I knew it would be major. And it was..

I am sure all of those that live in the brown area are currently under SW. I am not
View attachment 761425
Mmmmm donut holes