Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else lose auto park after latest FSD update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates or fixed on this? I'm on the latest FSD beta 30.5 and have not seen P or been able to use autopark since Christmas. Do we really just have to either turn off FSD beta or wait for new FSDb revision for merged stack??
My guess is that they're running training tests on the ON, using USS as validation. The holiday update changed parking visualizations to give us a pseudo birdseye view as we park, but kept the USS distance lines for those cars with the sensors installed. I wouldn't be surprised if the next update or so turns on ON distance numbers in addition to USS distance lines to increase confidence. Once they're close enough, we'll see a roll out of vision parking functions.

In the meantime, the easiest solution is to create a parking profile as a copy of your main driving profile, with Advanced Driver Assist disabled. When you come to a parking lot, switch profiles and park. When you get back into the car, switch profiles back to your main, or use the feature that autoselects your profile based on your bluetooth connection. Three screen taps - not too difficult.

Reactions: BMWLover
My guess is that they're running training tests on the ON, using USS as validation. The holiday update changed parking visualizations to give us a pseudo birdseye view as we park, but kept the USS distance lines for those cars with the sensors installed. I wouldn't be surprised if the next update or so turns on ON distance numbers in addition to USS distance lines to increase confidence. Once they're close enough, we'll see a roll out of vision parking functions.

In the meantime, the easiest solution is to create a parking profile as a copy of your main driving profile, with Advanced Driver Assist disabled. When you come to a parking lot, switch profiles and park. When you get back into the car, switch profiles back to your main, or use the feature that autoselects your profile based on your bluetooth connection. Three screen taps - not too difficult.
@Dewg How do I disable Advanced Driver Assist to create the new profile?

@Dewg How do I disable Advanced Driver Assist to create the new profile?
First, create the new driver profile - Settings - touch your profile name at the top, then Profile Settings to bring up your settings. Copy your profile to a new one called PARKING or something like that.

Now make sure you're in the PARKING profile and then go to Settings - Autopilot, and disable FSD Beta. That should save that setting in the PARKING profile. Test by switching profiles back to your main driving profile and ensure that FSD Beta is enabled on that profile.

That should do it.

First, create the new driver profile - Settings - touch your profile name at the top, then Profile Settings to bring up your settings. Copy your profile to a new one called PARKING or something like that.

Now make sure you're in the PARKING profile and then go to Settings - Autopilot, and disable FSD Beta. That should save that setting in the PARKING profile. Test by switching profiles back to your main driving profile and ensure that FSD Beta is enabled on that profile.

That should do it.
Great thx. I will try it!

This is a great idea, thanks!

To confirm:

You're in your normal driver profile while driving. Then you enter a parking lot and switch the profile to PARKING. You drive around slowly and when you find a spot, drive past it a bit and put the car in reverse. You should see the P symbol to autopark.
To confirm:

You're in your normal driver profile while driving. Then you enter a parking lot and switch the profile to PARKING. You drive around slowly and when you find a spot, drive past it a bit and put the car in reverse. You should see the P symbol to autopark.
Yup that is exactly what I tried with no success. Going to Service Center Friday

Any updates or fixed on this? I'm on the latest FSD beta 30.5 and have not seen P or been able to use autopark since Christmas. Do we really just have to either turn off FSD beta or wait for new FSDb revision for merged stack??
I’m on FSD Beta 25.1 and I have AutoPark.

Attachments

• 8249547D-44C7-45C0-A537-D921E4B6AEE2.jpeg
    8249547D-44C7-45C0-A537-D921E4B6AEE2.jpeg
    644.4 KB · Views: 213
They said everything worked properly yet they said the rear camera needed cleaning. I tried today and an occasional P popped up for parallel parking (about 1 in 8 tries) and I still saw no P or lines trying perpendicular parking. So basically no real fix in my opinion
New info!!! So I used @juren advice AFTER the service center call. (Create a profile with FSD beta OFF) and it worked. Parallel and Perpendicular. Ridiculous that I have to switch profiles just to park though.

I'm a pretty frequent user of Autopark. With the last update to FSD (2022.36.20) my auto park stopped working. I've tried it on several parking lots, all of which used to work fine. Now I drive into the favored position and no 'P' ever appears. I have a friend on this latest beta and auto park doesn't work for him either. Anybody have a similar (or non-similar) experience. I've reported it to Tesla. They remotely re-installed FSD but it didn't fix it.
Same. Help