Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else losing cell data connection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gearchruncher

Sep 20, 2016
Seattle, WA
This weekend, up in the mountains we lost the data connection while driving. Assumed it was just where we were. However, once down in the city where it always works, it was still out.

Did a center screen reset while driving and it came back. So it appeared to just be software.

However, today, leaving for work it did it again once I was away from WiFi, and now I'm guessing it's why I couldn't get to my car one day a week ago via the app.

Anyone else?

I picked up my Tesla X right before Christmas and the 4G connection kept dropping.. I even returned it the next week but they could not work on it.. They pulled logs and said that they needed to work on it.. It is in the shop now and hope to get it back today. I never get 4 bars even when baselined against my iPhone with the same AT&T service.

Besides the 4G signal bars disappearing, the streaming audio glitches, software upgrades don't work unless connected to WiFi and I get messages that "services are not available if this persists please contact Tesla" (or to that affect). Even the FM radio is not as good as in my 2005 Volvo XC90... I personally think it could be a grounding problem on the radio antennas.. just my engineering guess..

- I will post an update after I get my car back from service and

The service on my X was complete yesterday. They fixed the rear spoiler, It now goes up an down again ;-)

However on the 4G/ LTE connection, no problem found ;-( I do believe the tech truly tried to look into the problem... but...

Has anyone running ookla speed test? I will try it....

I picked up my Tesla X right before Christmas and the 4G connection kept dropping.. I even returned it the next week but they could not work on it.. They pulled logs and said that they needed to work on it.. It is in the shop now and hope to get it back today. I never get 4 bars even when baselined against my iPhone with the same AT&T service.

Besides the 4G signal bars disappearing, the streaming audio glitches, software upgrades don't work unless connected to WiFi and I get messages that "services are not available if this persists please contact Tesla" (or to that affect). Even the FM radio is not as good as in my 2005 Volvo XC90... I personally think it could be a grounding problem on the radio antennas.. just my engineering guess..

- I will post an update after I get my car back from service and