Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!
Same frustration here. Been a beta tester for a while now, but I almost always have to wait longer than everyone else for updates. Sucks seeing everyone else testing it out and saying how great it is while I just sit and check the app hourly.

Upvote 0
It’s not just you. Our car used to get it pretty much at the beginning of each rollout since 10.2. Then we got stuck on 10.5 and never even saw 10.6.x Then 10.8 came late enough that it wasn’t long before 10.8.1 appeared. 10.8 seemed like a huge improvement for us (from 10.5), but 10.8.1 has been pretty bad. We still haven’t gotten 10.9 but am hoping for it. But one well, 🤷🏻‍♂️ “it’ll come when it comes” is how we think about it now.

Upvote 0
On the first few days of this week, 10.9 was released to about 1/3 of the existing beta testers. The other 2/3 are still waiting. No one has said why they stopped the updates. It could be that they wanted to save the bandwidth for the new non-FSD version that was introduced yesterday. Or it could be that they found a problem in 10.9 and are fixing it. Or it could be something else entirely.

Maybe it will resume tonight. Or maybe the rest of us will never get 10.9, and will wait for the next (maybe 10.9.1 ?) instead.

The first two sentences of this post, and probably the third, are true. The rest, containing the words "it could be" or "maybe", are speculation.

Like you, I am in the 2/3 who are waiting. There does not appear to be any pattern to who gets it early and who waits.

Upvote 0
Same frustration here. Been a beta tester for a while now, but I almost always have to wait longer than everyone else for updates. Sucks seeing everyone else testing it out and saying how great it is while I just sit and check the app hourly.
I think its the opposite - the majority aren't getting it, there hasn't been new cars added to the rollout group in a while.
Most cars getting it now are the ones who were offered days ago.
TeslaFi currently shows there are 865 installed, 50 pending installs while there are 1456 on 10.8

Upvote 0
Always see these threads with each update and get a chuckle. Oddly I have been near the back of the cue myself since 10.3. debacle started the slow rollout. Ironically I got 10.9 on day 2 and it has been by far the worst Beta I've been on (and that includes FCW prone 10.3). I would happily trade my 10.9 for anyone's 10.8 right now if I could.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Upvote 0
Ironically I got 10.9 on day 2 and it has been by far the worst Beta I've been on (and that includes FCW prone 10.3). I would happily trade my 10.9 for anyone's 10.8 right now if I could.
Yes, and your reports (and others like it) may show the exact reason that 10.9 isn't being distributed further. If it's running red lights and driving on the wrong side of the double yellow line, that seems a good reason to fix it before giving it to anyone else.

Upvote 0
Always see these threads with each update and get a chuckle. Oddly I have been near the back of the cue myself since 10.3. debacle started the slow rollout. Ironically I got 10.9 on day 2 and it has been by far the worst Beta I've been on (and that includes FCW prone 10.3). I would happily trade my 10.9 for anyone's 10.8 right now if I could.
same here
I was day 1 for 10.8, end of the pack for 10.6 etc

I'm kind of assuming the percentage of Venn diagram of FSD Beta testers and TeslaFi users has a larger overlap than regular users and Teslafi :D

Either way, there hasn't been any additional cars added to the install queue in a few days.

Upvote 0
Where are all these crazy reports? You Tubers? Don’t watch them.

Ski
Here are mine.

Upvote 0
You make a great point. Interestingly a couple of days ago I had a long drive on 10.8 in an area where I didn't know the roads and it was at night. It was a great drive and it was reassuring to see what the future of FSD could be at least in a non-urban setting where it actually made my drive more relaxing then if I was driving completely by myself. A first for me.

Reactions: Rusty1 and nvx1977
Upvote 0
Where are all these crazy reports? You Tubers? Don’t watch them.
Yeah, I don't watch them either. I'm just going on the handful of reports that I've seen in various threads here. I'm still on 10.8.1, so I can't comment. But while it is common for Tesla to release each new beta in waves, it is not common for any version to just dry up completely for 3 days as this one has. The only time that has happened in the past, it was when some problem had been found. But as I made clear earlier, I'm just speculating. Maybe someone who uses Twitter should ask Elon about it.

Reactions: 101dals
Upvote 0
Had an interesting drive yesterday. It was drizzling and at the time schools close. So lots of traffic.

While going the drive was nearly spotless. Disengaged once in the school zone.

While coming back it was a different story. Tried to get into the left turn lane too late, had to disengage. Got confused in a couple of places - I think because of mapping issues, I've to check.

Overall I can see how some people have no intervention long drives. If the traffic is heavier with lead cars everywhere and nobody honks at you because you are sitting in an empty intersection at the stop sign for 10 seconds - FSD drives ok. Ofcourse mapping issues will almost certainly force you to disengage / intervene.

Upvote 0