Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

2850 miles since opting in, and 99 score here.

At this point, if I don’t get the invite this following update, I’m out. I miss driving my performance vehicle.
Exactly. Even those of us that are complaining bitterly are really Tesla fanboys at heart that love driving our cars. If Elon tweeted something anodyne like "We're pausing rollouts as we process the fleet data. We hope to have V11 in February!"...

...we'd all shut up like good little Tesla drones. Well, I would, anyway.

But the current radio silence thing is doing nothing but pissing customers off. Sometimes I think Tesla's deliberately experimenting with just how bad the customer experience, pre- and post-sale, has to get before it actually affects sales. Right now, demand still outstrips supply, so there's no short-term incentive for them to build better quality cars or treat their customers better...

Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0
Exactly. Even those of us that are complaining bitterly are really Tesla fanboys at heart that love driving our cars. If Elon tweeted something anodyne like "We're pausing rollouts as we process the fleet data. We hope to have V11 in February!"...

...we'd all shut up like good little Tesla drones. Well, I would, anyway.

But the current radio silence thing is doing nothing but pissing customers off. Sometimes I think Tesla's deliberately experimenting with just how bad the customer experience, pre- and post-sale, has to get before it actually affects sales. Right now, demand still outstrips supply, so there's no short-term incentive for them to build better quality cars or treat their customers better...
Agreed. I’d be fine if there wass communication. Even if I didn’t like what was said.

Upvote 0
Why is everyone frustrated about not getting an update that they are clearly having issues with?? I would see it as a Good thing that they identified a concern and halted spreading Real concern (complaints) to the masses. Many have said there really is Little improvement in 10.9 so what’s to be frustrated about?
What was the last update that didn’t have issues?

Was 10.8 good, I can’t recall if systems crashing was 10.6 or 10.8. And it was 10.7 that threw out crazy forward collision warnings right, or was that earlier

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah, that's probably the reason. Thank goodness they're stopping these rolling stops because I'm using the FSD beta chill profile, but my car still rolls through stop signs. I think it's rude when there are other cars near you, but fine when no cars are around.
Your statement is in direct contradiction to the widely reported story, which is that rolling stops had to be specifically allowed by the user (presumably by selecting either Average or Assertive mode).

That said, I believe you, and others on YouTube showed their cars continuing to roll on Chill mode too.

Upvote 0
Mine rolls through stops in Chill FSD profile as well, in fact I've always been skeptical that those profiles do anything differently.
I agree, I don't think it does anything different. Using the chill profile, my car still tailgates others with a following distance of 7 and still accelerates and brakes too quickly. It's not chill driving, 😁. I hope this improves in the future.

Reactions: CaptUAL
Upvote 0
I finally called tesla customer service yesterday to ask when they’re pushing me the fsd update. The guy went over some logs and details on my car and says triumphantly “there are no blockers”…

Then I asked the most important question - so why am I a 99 score for a whole month?

His reply, and I quote “it’s not just the score, it’s environmental factors too”

So I ask “what are the environmental factor”

And he says “they’re environmental factors”

Sigh!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
satisfying the safety score requirements puts you in a pool of users that Tesla can draw from WHEN they need more testers. Environmental factors means that Tesla is curating where they want more or less data. They may be looking for certain traffic patterns, driving styles, weather conditions, etc. They may also limit participation when they feel the safety risk of adding more users based on the state of the software would increase crashes, so there is a safety and PR aspect to the speed of the rollout as well.

It sucks to be stuck in safety score purgatory, but it should be pretty obvious, even with the lack of communication, why you aren't getting FSD beta yet. The lack of communication applies to existing FSD beta testers too. I'm on 10.8.1 and Tesla never informed me why I'm not on the latest version. Others are stuck on even earlier versions. This is how it's going to be regardless of whether you have the beta or not.

Elon did state during the earnings call that he wants to increase the pool of testers. Whether that comes with 10.10 or v11+ we don't know. Just have to be patient, or just try again later with SS when we have definite news.

• Funny
Reactions: MFrunkerOG
Upvote 0
satisfying the safety score requirements puts you in a pool of users that Tesla can draw from WHEN they need more testers. Environmental factors means that Tesla is curating where they want more or less data. They may be looking for certain traffic patterns, driving styles, weather conditions, etc. They may also limit participation when they feel the safety risk of adding more users based on the state of the software would increase crashes, so there is a safety and PR aspect to the speed of the rollout as well.

It sucks to be stuck in safety score purgatory, but it should be pretty obvious, even with the lack of communication, why you aren't getting FSD beta yet. The lack of communication applies to existing FSD beta testers too. I'm on 10.8.1 and Tesla never informed me why I'm not on the latest version. Others are stuck on even earlier versions. This is how it's going to be regardless of whether you have the beta or not.

Elon did state during the earnings call that he wants to increase the pool of testers. Whether that comes with 10.10 or v11+ we don't know. Just have to be patient, or just try again later with SS when we have definite news.
Are you a lawyer sir! the explanation and pretty obvious conclusion seem disconnected... Why exactly am I in purgatory again ?

Upvote 0
I would venture they were ready to add more users but the stop sign roll fix halted everything. Hence why even 10.8.1 users never got 10.9.

We may not even see 10.10 if it stays on 2021.44.30.15 as most waiting are on 2022.4 already.

Patience is necessary while they get their ducks back in a row.

Upvote 0
I would venture they were ready to add more users but the stop sign roll fix halted everything. Hence why even 10.8.1 users never got 10.9.

We may not even see 10.10 if it stays on 2021.44.30.15 as most waiting are on 2022.4 already.

Patience is necessary while they get their ducks back in a row.
Apparently, their ducks are linearly challenged and can't ever get in a row.

Upvote 0