Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

Which would completely screw people driving with gloves, LOL. Winter up north is pretty brutal and I would be driving with gloves on until the car is completely warm. Of course, you can pre-condition, blah blah, but still. I also see lots of Uber/Lyft drivers drive with gloves. Certainly not enough MY Uber/Lyft around, but just saying. :p
Hard to use the screen with gloves 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: mangrove79
Upvote 0
Which would completely screw people driving with gloves, LOL. Winter up north is pretty brutal and I would be driving with gloves on until the car is completely warm. Of course, you can pre-condition, blah blah, but still. I also see lots of Uber/Lyft drivers drive with gloves. Certainly not enough MY Uber/Lyft around, but just saying. :p
Heated steering wheel…

Upvote 0
Since the majority of 10.8.x FSD beta users never got 10.9 you're in good company. Not a beep from Elon or from any early FSD Beta Testers like @Whole MarsBlog so good chance we're all be waiting for the next release cycle and will skip 10.9. The is the first time there has been zero feedback.
I’m at 2200 miles and a 99 score. Pretty disappointed. Can’t wait to actually enjoy my performance vehicle when not using AP or FSD.

Upvote 0
The 2021 earnings report indicates there's plenty of FSD Beta testers already:

We successfully increased the number of FSD Beta vehicles from a couple of thousand in Q3 to nearly 60,000 vehicles in the US today.​

Assuming the ~35% rollout of 10.9 is accurate, that's over 20k vehicles on 10.9 -- about double of the number of vehicles that got FSD Beta 10.3. With that many vehicles, it's not surprising Tesla is being extra cautious in rolling out new versions now.

Upvote 0
I personally always have 2 hands on the wheel when testing FSD beta. I would do that even if Tesla didn't recommend it :)

I would much rather prefer contact sensing for "hands on wheel" than constant slight torque. As such, even with both hands on the wheel, I still get the occasional nag to apply torque.
Anybody that has experienced the sudden twerk towards the oncoming lane uses two hands.

I do the two handed death grip

The pro is when it twerks I catch it before it does anything embarrassing let alone dangerous.
The con is sometimes I accidently deactivate it, and that it takes a lot of energy.

When I'm not on FSD Beta I'm almost always one hand on the steering wheel lightly kind of driver.

Upvote 0
Not 10.9, but getting some new maps...
20220126_180248.jpg

Upvote 0
Nope, had to check the software screen. There isn't even a notification on the main screen, just when you tap the car icon to open up the menu then you'll see the green (or orange if you're not on wifi) download icon at the top.
Please post the results of your initial FSD drives with the new maps. Will certainly be interested in the results especially since you're on 10.8.1.

Upvote 0
So the new maps didn't do anything to change (for better or worse) my commute to work.

At this intersection, as soon as it crosses the far crosswalk it immediately veers off to the right side of the street as if there was a second lane there that it thinks it needs to be in, when it should simply stay left and not drive where cars should be parked. It does this all the time whether cars are parked there or not, if there are cars it'll still hug the right.
1643302618937.png

Further in my commute, there's a right hand land that continues through an intersection straight, however if I'm in that far right lane prior to passing through the intersection it treats it as a right hand turn only lane and will try and force a right turn even though the lane clearly continues straight and there are no ground markings or signs indicating a right turn only.

And finally, the most puzzling part, at this intersection regardless of light status red/green/yellow, the car will try and come to a complete stop at the crosswalk before the light. There's nothing that I can see that looks like a stop sign, there's no confusing additional lights, yet I have to press the accelerator to continue through the intersection every single time.

1643303213776.png

Over all, I know where these things happen daily so I just disengage prior to them happening now (after reporting them via snapshot a bunch), and will re-test them after every subsequent build. Have fun testing FSD, but know its limits!

Reactions: Rusty1
Upvote 0
And finally, the most puzzling part, at this intersection regardless of light status red/green/yellow, the car will try and come to a complete stop at the crosswalk before the light. There's nothing that I can see that looks like a stop sign, there's no confusing additional lights, yet I have to press the accelerator to continue through the intersection every single time.
I have at least 2 intersections near me where it will sporadically behave this way. Really loses trust in the system for me

Reactions: neo1738
Upvote 0