Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

So the new maps didn't do anything to change (for better or worse) my commute to work.

At this intersection, as soon as it crosses the far crosswalk it immediately veers off to the right side of the street as if there was a second lane there that it thinks it needs to be in, when it should simply stay left and not drive where cars should be parked. It does this all the time whether cars are parked there or not, if there are cars it'll still hug the right.
View attachment 760927

Further in my commute, there's a right hand land that continues through an intersection straight, however if I'm in that far right lane prior to passing through the intersection it treats it as a right hand turn only lane and will try and force a right turn even though the lane clearly continues straight and there are no ground markings or signs indicating a right turn only.

And finally, the most puzzling part, at this intersection regardless of light status red/green/yellow, the car will try and come to a complete stop at the crosswalk before the light. There's nothing that I can see that looks like a stop sign, there's no confusing additional lights, yet I have to press the accelerator to continue through the intersection every single time.

View attachment 760932

Over all, I know where these things happen daily so I just disengage prior to them happening now (after reporting them via snapshot a bunch), and will re-test them after every subsequent build. Have fun testing FSD, but know its limits!
I have had very similar issues. I am on 10.9. FSD beta needs a lot of work. Hopefully they are taking in the problems noted by the testers from the camera button presses. Would be good for Tesla to get focus groups together of the users as I am not sure the cars camera views will give the engineers the full story.

Upvote 0
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!
No one is getting 10.9. They stopped the rollout after 4 days. Pending installs are people that got the download in those first 4 days and haven’t installed yet.

Upvote 0
Why is everyone frustrated about not getting an update that they are clearly having issues with?? I would see it as a Good thing that they identified a concern and halted spreading Real concern (complaints) to the masses. Many have said there really is Little improvement in 10.9 so what’s to be frustrated about?

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Upvote 0
Why is everyone frustrated about not getting an update that they are clearly having issues with?? I would see it as a Good thing that they identified a concern and halted spreading Real concern (complaints) to the masses. Many have said there really is Little improvement in 10.9 so what’s to be frustrated about?

Because some have been participating with a safety score for over a month with no entry into the program. It’s fine if there’s delays but communicate that so owners can plan accordingly.

Upvote 0
Because some have been participating with a safety score for over a month with no entry into the program. It’s fine if there’s delays but communicate that so owners can plan accordingly.

Plan accordingly for what? To get into a program that has no entry requirements other than those distilled from twitter posts and YouTube?

People "participating with a safety score for over a month" aren't entitled to sh*t and should be prepared as such. Either drive IAW with the rules or don't. Either way, it is both a reflection on your or your environments suitability as a candidate.

Upvote 0
Plan accordingly for what? To get into a program that has no entry requirements other than those distilled from twitter posts and YouTube?

People "participating with a safety score for over a month" aren't entitled to sh*t and should be prepared as such. Either drive IAW with the rules or don't. Either way, it is both a reflection on your or your environments suitability as a candidate.
But it does have specified entry requirements; St. Elon himself has said so.

The first rollout went to everyone with a safety score of 100 over their past week of driving.
With 10.3, he lowered the requirement to 99.
And late October of last year, Elon said scores of 98 would get 10.4.

So, yeah, according the Elon, we're entitled to it. Especially since we all paid thousands of dollars. (And don't tell me we're not entitled to the beta. As I've noted previously, no Tesla software has EVER come out of beta. My 4-year-old Autowiper functionality is still listed as "Beta"...)

Upvote 0
But it does have specified entry requirements; St. Elon himself has said so.

The first rollout went to everyone with a safety score of 100 over their past week of driving.
With 10.3, he lowered the requirement to 99.
And late October of last year, Elon said scores of 98 would get 10.4.

So, yeah, according the Elon, we're entitled to it. Especially since we all paid thousands of dollars. (And don't tell me we're not entitled to the beta. As I've noted previously, no Tesla software has EVER come out of beta. My 4-year-old Autowiper functionality is still listed as "Beta"...)
Entry Requirements are exactly as specified. You aren't entitled to anything.

Per Elon "Tentative plan is 98 & above starts uploading Friday afternoon next week. If we see any concerns, uploads will pause while we investigate, so might take a few days before everyone with 98 safety gets beta 10.4. 10.4 improves left turns across fast traffic & stopping for gates."

There is zero room for argument there on promises for safety scores and beta. You were not guaranteed anything.

Source:

Reactions: hoang51
Upvote 0
@RowdyMY You have obviously gotten your beta and don’t give a *sugar* if others get theirs. At least be nice about it and say nothing at all.
I would love if more and more got theirs. Really. This isn't going to get better without the edge cases that only you and I can provide.

What I disagree with is the "I am owed mine" or "this is what I am entitled to". Desiring to see this tech more widespread. What I strongly despise is the entitlement or guaranteeism that some espouse.

Declaring that "Because some have been participating with a safety score for over a month with no entry into the program. It’s fine if there’s delays but communicate that so owners can plan accordingly." is great. But again, there is 0 entitlement and no expectation should be conferred.

Tesla never said that because you participated for over a month meant you are entitled. It also never set concrete metrics on new enrollments for 10.x. Your frustrations are completely valid. Entitlement on beta is not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love if more and more got theirs. Really. This isn't going to get better without the edge cases that only you and I can provide.

What I disagree with is the "I am owed mine" or "this is what I am entitled to". Desiring to see this tech more widespread. What I strongly despise is the entitlement or guaranteeism that some espouse.

Declaring that "Because some have been participating with a safety score for over a month with no entry into the program. It’s fine if there’s delays but communicate that so owners can plan accordingly." is great. But again, there is 0 entitlement and no expectation should be conferred.

Tesla never said that because you participated for over a month meant you are entitled. It also never set concrete metrics on new enrollments for 10.x. Your frustrations are completely valid. Entitlement on beta is not.

Until now, we have gotten communications such as “10.9 next week” etc etc. I won’t dig up the tweets but they exist from 10.2 all the way to 10.9. There has been a fairly constant stream of bi-weekly updates at the latest in terms of the program. I know it’s not official but it’s something we’ve all been relying on.

My post was not trying to sound entitled. Just if Elon came out and said “10.9.1 mid February” then we could opt out and drive like sane human beings until then if we chose.

It’s been radio silence for over a month and this is the first time it has been this long for some type of communication on the status of the program. While not “entitled” to an update from Elon, they’ve been consistent since the public beta rollout until this time which is the frustration.

Upvote 0

I think you're forgetting that people paid for this feature either in full or by subscription, they did not pay to be strewn about for weeks working on safety scores. They are entitled to what they paid for or they're entitled to their money returned to them.

Their website makes no mention of having to prove anything to them about your driving habits through a safety score. "If your vehicle has Full Self-Driving computer 3.0 or above, plus Basic Autopilot or Enhanced Autopilot, you are eligible to subscribe to FSD capability. Check your Autopilot configuration from your vehicle’s touchscreen by selecting ‘Controls’ > ‘Software’ > ‘Additional Vehicle Information.’"

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0
Entry Requirements are exactly as specified. You aren't entitled to anything.
But...I meet the entry requirements. With the exception of a dip to 98 a couple of days last week, my safety score has been 99 since late November 2021.
Per Elon "Tentative plan is 98 & above starts uploading Friday afternoon next week. If we see any concerns, uploads will pause while we investigate, so might take a few days before everyone with 98 safety gets beta 10.4. 10.4 improves left turns across fast traffic & stopping for gates."
So...I meet the requirements for 10.4 and have for more than 2 months. And we're at 10.9 now.
There is zero room for argument there on promises for safety scores and beta. You were not guaranteed anything.

Source:
Well, I'm guaranteed a non-beta, functioning FSD capability, since I paid for it, right? I mean, eventually. When I bought FSD, Obama was president, so I'm not holding my breath. But back to the beta and who should get it...

I...guess?...you're trying to say that nobody's guaranteed access to the beta regardless of scores? I am amazed at the detail with which people will parse what Elon said, but the quotes in your message seem pretty clear to me. I, and many others here, meet Elon's stated requirements, and yet don't have the beta. The question is "Why?"

And nobody knows the answer to that.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Upvote 0
But...I meet the entry requirements. With the exception of a dip to 98 a couple of days last week, my safety score has been 99 since late November 2021.

So...I meet the requirements for 10.4 and have for more than 2 months. And we're at 10.9 now.

Well, I'm guaranteed a non-beta, functioning FSD capability, since I paid for it, right? I mean, eventually. When I bought FSD, Obama was president, so I'm not holding my breath. But back to the beta and who should get it...

I...guess?...you're trying to say that nobody's guaranteed access to the beta regardless of scores? I am amazed at the detail with which people will parse what Elon said, but the quotes in your message seem pretty clear to me. I, and many others here, meet Elon's stated requirements, and yet don't have the beta. The question is "Why?"

And nobody knows the answer to that.
2850 miles since opting in, and 99 score here.

At this point, if I don’t get the invite this following update, I’m out. I miss driving my performance vehicle.

Upvote 0