Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

Same. I thought that I would have to confirm the map update, so yesterday I looked to see if it had arrived. Instead, I found that the new maps had already been installed.
Got FSD 10.9 at Christmas ….. but just now got the map update. Thought there was a big mistake, but then I realized Tesla shows me living in Southern California 🤣😜😳😝

282F38EC-DF1B-4BD2-BA26-B11887C7813F.jpeg

Upvote 0
I noticed on TeslaFi that people started to get 2021.44.30.15 (FSD 10.10). I haven't gotten a notification yet, but I'll keep checking
You probably won't see a difference until the next rollout wave. At least for the last few releases, Tesla has been sending FSD Beta updates first to internal testers then ~20% wave then ~40% then the rest, so it's more common to not receive it in the first or even second wider waves. Sometimes Tesla stops before even getting to 100% as with 10.6.x and 10.9 only reaching about 40% of the Beta population. One exception was FSD Beta 10.8 for direct 100% rollout timed holiday update although seems like 10.7 was skipped for an extra week of testing.

The good thing though is if the waves don't encounter any significant issues, the following wave can be pretty soon with just a day or two delay… unless there's a NHTSA "recall." For example 10.9:
  1. Jan 16th: internal rollout
  2. Jan 18th: 20% rollout
  3. Jan 19th: 40% rollout
  4. Jan 20th: voluntary recall

Upvote 0
You probably won't see a difference until the next rollout wave. At least for the last few releases, Tesla has been sending FSD Beta updates first to internal testers then ~20% wave then ~40% then the rest, so it's more common to not receive it in the first or even second wider waves. Sometimes Tesla stops before even getting to 100% as with 10.6.x and 10.9 only reaching about 40% of the Beta population. One exception was FSD Beta 10.8 for direct 100% rollout timed holiday update although seems like 10.7 was skipped for an extra week of testing.

The good thing though is if the waves don't encounter any significant issues, the following wave can be pretty soon with just a day or two delay… unless there's a NHTSA "recall." For example 10.9:
  1. Jan 16th: internal rollout
  2. Jan 18th: 20% rollout
  3. Jan 19th: 40% rollout
  4. Jan 20th: voluntary recall
Well, this 2021.44.30.15 release is for the official NHTSA recall for the rolling stops so I'm assuming we're going to get it quicker than usual and that all of us on FSD beta will get it eventually.

Upvote 0
Well, this 2021.44.30.15 release is for the official NHTSA recall for the rolling stops so I'm assuming we're going to get it quicker than usual and that all of us on FSD beta will get it eventually.
No need for quicker that any other Beta rollout. If a recall is announced then normally a letter/mail is generated and sent to the vehicle owner to inform them to schedule a service appointment at their dealership. This takes weeks to months to complete. I'm sure all Beta users will get it before any Safety Score will but there is no need for Tesla to quicken the "normal" rollout slowly to check for bugs pace that they have been using since 10.3.

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Upvote 0
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!
I didn't receive either. Just got 10.10 update, hoping it includes 10.9 improvements. Does anyone know if that's the case?

Upvote 0
Looks like people on 10.8.1 are skipping 10.9 and upgrading directly to 10.10 now. Sounds like most map updates for FSD Beta were with 10.8.1, so it'll be an interesting mix of some with new navigation maps on 10.10.
Ok. Cool. Was wondering why I didn't get 10.9. Was looking forward to the "proceeding into intersection for unprotected left turns". So I'm guessing 10.10 will include 10.9 improvements?

Upvote 0
All the FSD beta all going to 10.9 even if we don't have 10.8.1. I don't think anyone's going to get 10.8.1 now unless I misunderstood what you said?
Perhaps you did. I said that the 80% (roughly) of us who have not yet received 10.10 are waiting for it while we are still on either 10.9 or 10.8.1. You're right that I didn't state it clearly. I thought it would be clear from the context of the thread, but not everyone reads every post.

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Upvote 0