Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else order a new Model S in Q2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to hear current order status from everyone else that has ordered a new Model S in Q2!

I ordered a Black on Black Model S Performance with 19" and FSD on 6/5/2020, I'm located in Las Vegas, NV

To date my SA has been very responsive and all required information is entered into the order on my Tesla account. Just waiting for my VIN and delivery date.

Please share if you have ordered a new Model S, thanks!

I ordered a new demo model S with 500 miles on 6/6/2020. Since the car was already built I got the VIN immediately. It was built on 2/26/2920.The car was 200 miles away. Delivery is set for 6/18/2020. I was told I would get delivery in a week but it is closer to two. I am impatiently waiting.

inspect your car CAREFULLY, my car had several obvious defects but 2 chips in the hood that I didn't notice until 3 days later. Now I'm dealing with a service center that will only touch it up.

Great advice! I have a checklist and will bring multiple people with me to the delivery to look it over (if we're allowed due to the social distancing restrictions).

I reviewed your post about the defects you found, thanks for sharing that!

Last edited:
Reactions: rafa2020
I ordered a new demo model S with 500 miles on 6/6/2020. Since the car was already built I got the VIN immediately. It was built on 2/26/2920.The car was 200 miles away. Delivery is set for 6/18/2020. I was told I would get delivery in a week but it is closer to two. I am impatiently waiting.

Awesome, I'm still waiting for guidance from my SA about the delivery schedule, I'm not in a rush but and also impatiently waiting :)

Great advice! I have a checklist and will bring multiple people with me to the delivery to look it over (if we're allowed due to the social distancing restrictions).

I reviewed your post about the defects you found, thanks for sharing that!
No prob. It's pretty compelling (and sad) when other customers laugh at these problems out in the parking lot of the service center. When I was showing the interior trim issue to the service rep, another customer nearby laughed and said that's pretty standard.

Reactions: Aleks0404
I ordered an in stock demo manufactured in Feb 26, just before the closures. I ordered on June 5 and picked it up June 14. I am pleased to say the multi coat red paint is flawless and gorgeous. I have been going over the car and all its technology and have found no faults yet. The contact free delivery was pleasant but the information provided about the car leaves a lot to be figured out on one's own. Best to have a computer with the owners manual in the car so you can follow along on the screen to set up and learn all the features. It is amazing driving this car. Good luck on getting yours quickly.

I ordered an in stock demo manufactured in Feb 26, just before the closures. I ordered on June 5 and picked it up June 14. I am pleased to say the multi coat red paint is flawless and gorgeous. I have been going over the car and all its technology and have found no faults yet. The contact free delivery was pleasant but the information provided about the car leaves a lot to be figured out on one's own. Best to have a computer with the owners manual in the car so you can follow along on the screen to set up and learn all the features. It is amazing driving this car. Good luck on getting yours quickly.

Congrats on your MS!! I'm very excited to poke around and learn all the tech :)

I just ordered an inventory LR white/white with slipstream 19 wheels. Delivery is the 25th!
Have an order from February for a Y Performance for wife, and thought we would drive that on our next 1200 mile journey - less time charging. And then hold off and wait for the Plaid. But....this S would be a good car for two years or more - depending on Tesla. As to wife's Y, we have a summer Lexus LX (our last ICE car). If in fall there, the X goes over 400 mile range? That works for the grandkids.

Rationalizations:

1) Several years ago I set a target of 400 mile range as the trip wire for a new Tesla. (several roundtrips/yr >1000 mile trips each way)
2) Bioweapon air filtration - now seems more relevant - and not in Y ( aftermarket Hepa filter for Y? but is it then equal to the S?)
3) Ride of Raven S is far superior, range superior (+30%), acceleration close (-0.2sec)
4) Carrying capacity i.e. volume numbers put out by Tesla are misleading. S is 38 cuft, Y is 68. Real difference not so great.*
5) Dashboard in front of driver - safer for my style of driving (for full self drive eventuality becomes, i.e. less relevant in 5 years
6) Autopilot control on gear stalk? I frequently do Autopilot on and off. I know I do not want to hit brake to avoid stopping at all traffic lights
7) Free supercharging - has economic value - one of my supermarkets has a supercharger setup.
8) Price difference: $14-15k (BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche premium car to their entry level is many times that)
9) The S Plaid? One can never know when Tesla is going to do something - and they have a lot of priorities with Semi and Cybertruck (have one of those on order too). And would rather get the Plaid when it has had six to twelve months of widespread use and debugging.
10) New S interior? For me it is the risk of having no screen directly in front of me. Heads up display good - but who knows?

* The Y's 68 cu ft measurement is with the second row Y seat flat and includes all the volume behind the front seats. I do not know what Tesl measured for the S, BUT....The S behind the second row seat is deeper than the Y behind its second row seat, is wider than the Y as well. And as to height, with the cargo shelf removed from the S, and measuring to the bottom of the rear hatch window (so as to not to obscure rear vision) they are within an inch of each other. Yes, the Y frunk is larger, but the lower rear trunk is smaller.

FYI - Tesla called me this afternoon and asked if I'd like to come pickup the car, naturally my response was HELL YEAH!!

Delivery was super smooth and quick after they finished topping off the charge, no issue as my wife was "hangery" and needed food.

Photos will come tomorrow, but after a close trim/paint inspection the car is super solid with ZERO flaws. I've only driven it 50 miles but I've found nothing wrong at all. I'll send a much more detailed review/inspection tomorrow.

Quick question - Do you ever get used to the sick to your stomach feeling you get after doing a handful of 0-80 launches? I feel like i've been on too many roller coaster rides....MUST BE GETTING OLD :)