Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 1 reservation holder (in store before online orders opened) - I have ordered a LR with FSD, but still heard nothing from Telsa.
Has anyone else ordered a LR? Any of you heard anything?

I'm just wondering whether they have actually produced / shipped any yet... (as they are now focusing on SR & P models)

Day 1 reservation holder (in store before online orders opened) - I have ordered a LR with FSD, but still heard nothing from Telsa.

I'm just wondering whether they have actually produced / shipped any yet... (as they are now focusing on SR & P models)
Yes, and no. My account is stuck at drafting contract and if the order number is the last 4 digits of the very long number on the invoice when the extra was paid to place the order, I was in the first 2000 and getting grumpy.

What "LR"? AWD LR, P,- and P+ are all "long range". As I said in another thread: they can turn a P- into an AWD just with a software toggle. Whether they will want to is another matter; that's more a function of how the code of the VIN assigner was written than a function of what's on the boats.

Reservation date is a criterion in the queue of people with the exact same configuration as you. But since all configurations are not equally available and it changes from ship to ship, it doesn't always mean that much...

What "LR"? AWD LR, P,- and P+ are all "long range". As I said in another thread: they can turn a P- into an AWD just with a software toggle. Whether they will want to is another matter; that's more a function of how the code of the VIN assigner was written than a function of what's on the boats.

Reservation date is a criterion in the queue of people with the exact same configuration as you. But since all configurations are not equally available and it changes from ship to ship, it doesn't always mean that much...

AWD LR

I have ordered a LR AWD but its through a leasing company so who knows, they certainly dont at the moment.

I used DriveElectric and placed my order on 30/5/19, the finance is done through leaseplan and i signed the paperwork with them on 6/6/19 when it came through, havent heard anything since.

Tried emailing Jack at DriveElectric the other day but got his out of office and no reply. I don't have a reservation so I'm just assuming August before i get a car at the moment.

Still quicker delivery than the ICE car I was going to order before I saw the Model 3 offerings :)

As impatient as I am and could really do with the car at the moment I am still happy to wait for it. Keeping an eye out for Bristol Cribbs getting their demo model for a test drive :D

Reactions: PrGrPa
Not sure what they'll do with AWD orders if all they have on the ships (in particular the Grand Mark) are P-. If there are enough P- customers I think they'd rather deliver to them in Q2 and ship some AWDs later on a ship in July, if there aren't, then I expect them to software nerf some of them to fulfill AWD LR orders.

But it all depends on what was on Grand Dahlia as well -- I expect there were some AWD/P- there as well, and some AWD LR customers are bound to have been matched to those as well.

If there are enough P- customers I think they'd rather deliver to them in Q2 and ship some AWDs later on a ship in July, if there aren't, then I expect them to software nerf some of them to fulfill AWD LR orders.

I would expect them to offer the upgrade to LR AWD orders before resorting to software nerfing P- models. It's only something like £1500 to unleash the full performance, which is bargain of the century for +100 hp, +100 lb.ft of torque! Software nerfing seems to be something Tesla are aiming to avoid going forward, as we've seen with recent S/X variants too.

I'm just wondering whether they have actually produced/shipped any yet... (as they are now focusing on SR & P models)

Yes! I ordered LR AWD (my reservation and order info. is in my signature below).

My 'Manage/Order" page hasn't progressed at all from 7 days after placing my order. Crappy trade-in offer and registration info all updated ok, however, even though the HP agreement was approved by Black Horse, the page still states/shows the "Submit Credit Application" button. Also, the Edit Design link is still there.

Numerous emails have been ignored, although Tesla did confirm no PCP would be available for Model 3.

Anyway, after hanging on the phone for 40 minutes, I finally got through to the UK delivery team this morning and this is what was said...

The lack of finance confirmation was a problem with the web page but that the back-end information is correct and would not have delayed my delivery/allocation anyway. He confirmed my trade-in offer is optional and would also not affect the delivery date/VIN allocation. I mentioned that I may want to upgrade to the 19" wheels but he confirmed that this was no longer an option, even aftermarket, slightly contradicted by saying 3rd party wheels were always an option. He also tried to persuade me to upgrade my order to the P+ model saying that it would only cost an additional £2k and I could then opt for the 20" wheels (also that the 19" wouldn't fit the P+ model due to the brake callipers). He then conceded that the cost to me would actually be over £5k extra due to the P+ upgrade cost and losing my £900 discount on FSD. However, he was most definitely trying to persuade me to upgrade to the P+ initially.

Insofar as my original delivery date estimate of late June/early July he said that "to be completely honest" it would be more like mid-July at the earliest. He said the early RHD M3 UK vehicles are allocated on the basis of matching built cars to orders based on Order Specs and Order date. He made no mention of reservation date but did say that would be taken into consideration (only after I asked). Sounded like my reservation date counts for nothing. He said my allocated delivery location of Birmingham wouldn't make any difference to me (unless it was Edinburgh vs. London for example). - This hasn't seemed to be the case with the late June deliveries though which are focussed on London as far as I can tell - He confirmed I have no VIN/vehicle allocated yet and that most likely my car was either still in the US or only just loaded on a vessel. He said they were matching orders to vehicles once they had departed the US and been on a vessel for about a week, which is when they received the confirmed manifests and he hoped that I may have one on the way. This seems strange to me as I had ordered a LR AWD early on before the option was removed. I also said I was disappointed about not being able to change to the 19", especially as I was initially told this would be possible.

I am just reporting what was said and I know many members here say "you can't trust what the Tesla reps say blah blah blah". For me, it's better than nothing/wondering/speculating... However, any ideas on obtaining the 19" wheels post delivery would be greatly appreciated.

I will update more info as soon as I get it.

@RamsfanJim How are you getting on? Any more news from your point of view. Sounds like we both reserved early but are suffering for our spec choice or order date. When did you place your order?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Thanks for the update, I can't face phoning them up for no news and hold music. I also had a crappy trade-in offer but deleted it (it looks like it would have expired before delivery anyway).

This wait is killing me. So many things to do (insurance quotes, sell old car, arrange travel to pick-up) that can't be worked on and are probably going to have to be done in a rush.

As I said in other threads, your reservation does "count", but only for your place in the row of people who have the same exact configuration as you. If others reserved later but are more easily matched to something that was produced and thrown on a ship, they'll get your car before you.

I had the opportunity to get one of the first deliveries of RWD LR that arrived in Europe but that was because I had a variant for which Tesla expected lots of orders, so they also built them (RWD LR, blue, black interior, 18" wheels). Others who were day 1 reservation holders and ordered the same car with 19" wheels had to wait a lot longer, and don't get me started on the white interiors.

Not that Tesla is unique in this (I had the misfortune once of ordering an Audi A6 in a very rare colour, and it took ages to get the car, although Audi could at least predict it would take 10 months!).

The account of VIN assignment does seem accurate -- in our continental experience, they started to assign VINs 10 days to the ship's arrival to up to three days after the ship arrived in Zeebrugge, and then after the Delivery Centers confirmed they got the other cars (after about a week) a small batch of "spares" was then matched to orders or assigned to the inventory visible on the web page.

So I expect they're currently busy assigning VINs for the cars on the Grand Mark, and should be finished with the brunt of it in a couple of days; people with cars that were on the Grand Dahlia probably all have their appointments. Not sure they're going to manage to deliver all of the Grand Mark VINs assigned in June, though, even though I'm sure they'll try.

Last edited:
Yes! I ordered LR AWD (my reservation and order info. is in my signature below).

My 'Manage/Order" page hasn't progressed at all from 7 days after placing my order. Crappy trade-in offer and registration info all updated ok, however, even though the HP agreement was approved by Black Horse, the page still states/shows the "Submit Credit Application" button. Also, the Edit Design link is still there.

Numerous emails have been ignored, although Tesla did confirm no PCP would be available for Model 3.

Anyway, after hanging on the phone for 40 minutes, I finally got through to the UK delivery team this morning and this is what was said...

The lack of finance confirmation was a problem with the web page but that the back-end information is correct and would not have delayed my delivery/allocation anyway. He confirmed my trade-in offer is optional and would also not affect the delivery date/VIN allocation. I mentioned that I may want to upgrade to the 19" wheels but he confirmed that this was no longer an option, even aftermarket, slightly contradicted by saying 3rd party wheels were always an option. He also tried to persuade me to upgrade my order to the P+ model saying that it would only cost an additional £2k and I could then opt for the 20" wheels (also that the 19" wouldn't fit the P+ model due to the brake callipers). He then conceded that the cost to me would actually be over £5k extra due to the P+ upgrade cost and losing my £900 discount on FSD. However, he was most definitely trying to persuade me to upgrade to the P+ initially.

Insofar as my original delivery date estimate of late June/early July he said that "to be completely honest" it would be more like mid-July at the earliest. He said the early RHD M3 UK vehicles are allocated on the basis of matching built cars to orders based on Order Specs and Order date. He made no mention of reservation date but did say that would be taken into consideration (only after I asked). Sounded like my reservation date counts for nothing. He said my allocated delivery location of Birmingham wouldn't make any difference to me (unless it was Edinburgh vs. London for example). - This hasn't seemed to be the case with the late June deliveries though which are focussed on London as far as I can tell - He confirmed I have no VIN/vehicle allocated yet and that most likely my car was either still in the US or only just loaded on a vessel. He said they were matching orders to vehicles once they had departed the US and been on a vessel for about a week, which is when they received the confirmed manifests and he hoped that I may have one on the way. This seems strange to me as I had ordered a LR AWD early on before the option was removed. I also said I was disappointed about not being able to change to the 19", especially as I was initially told this would be possible.

I am just reporting what was said and I know many members here say "you can't trust what the Tesla reps say blah blah blah". For me, it's better than nothing/wondering/speculating... However, any ideas on obtaining the 19" wheels post delivery would be greatly appreciated.

I will update more info as soon as I get it.

@RamsfanJim How are you getting on? Any more news from your point of view. Sounds like we both reserved early but are suffering for our spec choice or order date. When did you place your order?

I am going to phone today (when I have a spare hour or so to wait...). I called Tesla Birmingham this morning, but they are not yet aware when they will get ANY Model 3s for delivery.
I reserved on 31/3/16 and confirmed order 9/5/19 (delayed as Tesla told me PCP prices would be out by then so I could choose spec, but then later said I could order then switch to PCP when it was available - or change spec if required) - I had 3 different Tesla reps (on phone & in store) tell me that ordering on Day 1 would guarantee I would be one of first in the country to get delivery...

As I said in other threads, your reservation does "count", but only for your place in the row of people who have the same exact configuration as you.

That remains to be seen. I am on the lookout for someone with the same spec as me, not found anyone yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reservation date counts less than the order date or other factors, for example. I heard that this was the case on the continent?

...Others who were day 1 reservation holders and ordered the same car with 19" wheels had to wait a lot longer, and don't get me started on the white interiors.

No 19" for me (sadly) so perhaps this could be a plus on delivery, however, sounds like that could be trumped by my choice of interior. :rolleyes:

Last edited: