Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My error, as I didn't realize I was posting an update in the UK forum - but I can claim that my wife was born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland! All the best to you and the others in this forum. There are very low inventories in the US right now, due to the government rebate being halved at month's end. Mine was on the assembly line Thursday/Friday, and shipped yesterday.

Thanks again, more good information for us. That suggests Tesla are still manufacturing in the US to hit Q2 sales numbers, plus US customers trying to beat the reduction in Government rebate. Hopefully they will switch back to RHD manufacturing next week! That could still make the UK at the end of July! :D

Sorry to hear that your wife is Scottish. ;)
Mine is Welsh if that's any consolation! :)

Hopefully they will switch back to RHD manufacturing next week! That could still make the UK at the end of July! :D

I admire your optimism!

Most recent shipments looks like 23 days boat-transit ...

TeslaGrandDahlia.jpg

TeslaGrandMark.jpg

I fill my car with £60 worth of petrol every 3 days!

Blimey!

£60 @ £1.30/L = 45L = 10 gallons

10 gallons
@ 30 MPG = 300 miles - EV = £6 - £9 - Saving £51-£54 - 2x a week = £5,100 - £5,400 p.a. - 30,000 miles p.a.
@ 40 MPG = 400 miles - EV = £8 - £12- Saving £48-£52- 2x a week = £4,800 - £5,200 p.a - 40,000 miles p.a..
@ 50 MPG = 500 miles - EV = £10 - £15- Saving £45-£50- 2x a week = £4,500 - £5,000 - 50,000 miles p.a.

Call it £5,000 p.a. saved :)

Reactions: ediflyer
I admire your optimism!

Most recent shipments looks like 23 days boat-transit ...
Great info. What's the next boat to leave? Does anyone have a schedule for the Vehicles Carriers?
Anyway, most vessels from the West Coast take 21-23 days via Panama. So, 4 weeks door to door is doable! End of July/beginning of August in my book. Plus I still think I'll have one already en route. :D:cool:

But it sounds like you do know, with all your information.:confused:

Keep in mind, 1,000 cars are being made per day and you ordered on Day 1 of the UK configurator going live and you've had a reservation since 2016. No way will you be waiting until September! Neither will I! Get ready for 3rd week of July delivery, or sooner!
Sure but they are also making cars for the whole of the world, not just the UK, and only so many cars fit on a boat. No boat to Europe is going to be 100% RHD model 3, and the frequency of Europe-bound boats is one every couple of weeks to one a month. The next one won't be due for another three weeks at least and will have a mix of cars for the European market.

Thanks again, more good information for us. That suggests Tesla are still manufacturing in the US to hit Q2 sales numbers, plus US customers trying to beat the reduction in Government rebate. Hopefully they will switch back to RHD manufacturing next week! That could still make the UK at the end of July! :D

Sorry to hear that your wife is Scottish. ;)
Mine is Welsh if that's any consolation! :)

"That" is a consolation! I feel yo will see your RHD sooner than expected, as there is a lot of investor pressure for them to get their production rates (and profits) up quickly. I hope that doesn't come at the expense of quality... I pick mine up tomorrow afternoon (Pacific time) and I'm actually a bit worried that I may see things not good (and hence, develop buyer's remorse)… I hope not....

Their are no boats as of yet leaving for Zebrugge from SF the max number of uk model 3s is 442 according to vins registered RHD everyone is being to optimistic for delivery just have to be patient and chill out
442 was what was allocated on the 10th of May.

There were some international VIN registrations after that date; around the 31st of May 1000 more RHD VINs were reported as registered.

Whether these VINs are old enough to have been shipped on the Grand Mark is questionable, though (but not impossible, since the model 3 VIN scanner does not find VINs immediately). But then it would make sense to think that they're planning at least some RHD production in July.

I believe they are the first batch of cars we are seeing being delivered around the U.K.

Quite -- and these were quite obviously on the Grand Dahlia, since trucks were spotted from Zeebrugge heading across the Channel tunnel. 283 seems like roughly the correct number too.

It would surprise me that the Grand Mark wouldn't have some RHD vehicles, though, since people also saw RHD at pier 80 when they were loading the Grand Mark. I guess they were trying to deliver these in June but it looks more likely that those would be delivered in the first week of July, barring some superhuman efforts. I'm guessing the ones left when the Grand Mark departed probably went across the Pacific, as demo units for Japan and Australia.

VIn tracking is a black art, especially for RHD. They already had some "pre-production" RHD VINs earlier, and it's not sure whether they consumed them or not.

• Informative
Reactions: -DB- and Roy W.