Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were they calling you to do details check and ask when you are available for delivery?
They called me 3 times in one morning. Just like busses. They never asked when I would be available for delivery. I had emailed all my queries from the same email address which I have registered to my Tesla account. I had sent my emails to various Tesla email addresses as I have received emails from Kent, Amsterdam and Ireland.

I spoke to them a few weeks ago about this and they said they were aiming to get invoices out sooner going forward than they had done to date. The Edinburgh team are very aware of the issues re EST timescales (really need about 3/52 notice when you take account of time for EST to transfer funds and then to transfer them on yourself to Tesla). I see one person in the FB group with an SR+ order from Edinburgh has been given a VIN and final invoice with a delivery due in August, which seemed a step forward (although obviously annoying for those of us that haven't received this!)

They called me 3 times in one morning

Crazy. Three different people called me day before collection asking if I was able to take collect ... I don't understand how they stomach the chaos-cost.

They never asked when I would be available for delivery

I reckon that it isn't imminent then. They specifically asked me (at the initial call sometime in June, when they gave me a "Mid July" date, they asked if I was on holiday then etc. And then they put a Final Invoice in My Tesla with a 30-minute slot for collection on 30-June and no ability to indicate if that was OK, or needed changing. No Email nor text to alert me that it was there ... so I only saw it by chance.

Other people had that too, and then a phone call along the lines of "You couldn't pick it up today could you? we're a bit busy at the time we originally gave you"

I mention all this just to indicate how chaotic the Final Invoice / handover has been. I hope that was just because of end June Q2 rush ... but it might turn out to be normal for the next back-order-clearing period too.

Similar to me. I will follow with interest.

I've been told to expect early August now. I politely asked why the estimated delivery date keeps being pushed back, particularly for early reservation holders and early order holders alike. She simply said that they cannot deliver a car they don't have. I asked if there were ANY cars available and that I would take whatever they had available in July. She said there were no more arriving in July but added "as far as we are aware" after a pause. Then, unprompted went on to say that she doesn't have visibility of the cars loading/in transit as it is handled by another department. She said they just gather information to see which customers are ready to have a vehicle allocated and to help prepare customers to be ready. These orders are then passed onto a different team to allocate cars to. We then went on to discuss PCP/HP/Trade-in/Delivery location and the removal of the 19" sport wheel option etc. As we ticked off each of my queries one-by-one I made it clear each time that an earlier delivery is always my preference EG. I offered Heathrow, Bristol and Birmingham as alternatives. She faithfully promised that none of my queries, requests or decisions on each would in any way affect my delivery date and offered to make any changes I requested. I was impressed that I didn't have to refer to my list of outstanding queries, she had them all in front of her from the few emails I had sent. I thought that was pretty impressive as I had used three different Tesla email addresses and each email covered separate issues. She had resolutions prepared for all of them. Other than that I don't trust a work Tesla say about estimated delivery dates, they seem to be handling that their own way.

No VIN, no final invoice.
Why are new online reservations today quoting august delivery still ? Surely no chance of that ...They should update that at least

Reactions: ediflyer
Why are new online reservations today quoting august delivery still ? Surely no chance of that ...They should update that at least
To play devil's advocate a little, IF the boat currently loading in SF is coming to Europe, there may be cars on that boat that don't match any currently ordered configuration. In that situation, if you order that configuration today, you should get your car in August.

I think those with existing orders are hoping (a) that the RHD cars being loaded are coming to the UK, and (b) that Tesla will have had a look at what was ordered and made up stock to match, but there's still the chance that Tesla (if a is true) have just made a selection of cars (again) and those early orderers might miss out and late orderers get lucky.

Reactions: Roy W.
I mention all this just to indicate how chaotic the Final Invoice / handover has been. I hope that was just because of end June Q2 rush ... but it might turn out to be normal for the next back-order-clearing period too.

What worries me is that it is going to be relatively quiet over the next month or two as all the staff recover from the Q2 end rush, and then it's going to happen all over again as they try and complete as many deliveries as possible in the last month or two of Q3.

It looks like Triumph Ace is certainly on its way to Europe: Ship traffic, July 10

D_I6a-VWsAEhOIq.png

Have any of you an allocated VIN yet? Checked today and for first time the number in the source was actually a Model 3. Appreciate not wholly reliable...but a M3 is progress!
Ordered LR 1st May (circa 1600).

Was in Heathrow in the week and the guy was pretty certain early August. He reckoned there will be a splurge of S/Xs in Sept for Quarter end and they would keep separate (so August even more likely in his opinion).

Have any of you an allocated VIN yet? Checked today and for first time the number in the source was actually a Model 3. Appreciate not wholly reliable...but a M3 is progress!
Ordered LR 1st May (circa 1600).

Was in Heathrow in the week and the guy was pretty certain early August. He reckoned there will be a splurge of S/Xs in Sept for Quarter end and they would keep separate (so August even more likely in his opinion).
Yes, and it has stayed put after the purge.