TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone else pick up one of the latest Inventory cars?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Goose, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Goose

Goose Member

Went in to order my S85 and heard they had a batch of inventory cars just coming in.

Feel quite jammy as they had pretty much the spec that I wanted and I get to drive it away on the 20th Dec! :)

Anyone else gone for one of these?

2. miimura

miimura Active Member

Be careful to check to see if it has Autopilot hardware. That is important to some people and many of the inventory cars Tesla has been selling lately don't have it.

3. drsaab

drsaab Member

Yes. I did. Got on Sunday. Should be here in 1 week. The inventory let's them sort autopilot now. And mine was a after Oct 10 build with new pricing. 50 miles on it. 1100 off. Same spec as I would order.

4. Goose

Goose Member

oh don't worry, this was the first thing I checked. I have in writing, but will triple check to be sure...

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Congratulations!

Presumably it was a cancelled order from someone who decided to wait for a D model. They're all built to order either for a customer, or to be loaner/demo/showroom cars. Given the very low mileage this one must have been a cancelled customer order.

6. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

The non autopilot versions have huge discounts. $15-22k off sticker. Depends on build date and miles.

7. Goose

Goose Member

As far as I know, the pre-Autopilot inventory didn't make it over here - or at least they were never offered. All the ones I could choose from came with Autopilot.

8. paintpolisher

paintpolisher Banned

Sorry, I was using tapatalk app and didn't notice this was a thread in the Europe section.

9. gdavison

gdavison Member

Whilst not "inventory", As Tesla UK are rotating all their Demonstrators and their fleet cars, I picked up a nice high spec, low mileage P85S ex marketing car with a nice discount off list which will be my fill in whilst awaiting my D delivery

10. PaulMac

PaulMac Member

Got my car today, only ordered it just over a week ago!!!! So far it was a great decision.....have to highly recommend the chaps at the new Gatwick site....100/100 for customer service and experience.

11. Rluner

Rluner Member

Congratulations.

That has to be a current record getting one a week after ordering. I'm still waiting delivery this month for one I ordered four months ago.

12. KingKitega

KingKitega Member

Picking up my inventory car tomorrow! S85 tech air rear sound for £17k off list :)

No autopilot is a bummer but I figure I'm more than happy to do all the driving ;)