TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

anyone else placed last minute order for S 60

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by mrtian97, Apr 15, 2017.

1. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

Just curious, are there a lot of ppl decied to placed order for S 60 before discontinued April 16?

What is the delivery time?

Thanks

2. Parikhrr

Parikhrr Member

delivery time is approx. june in NJ... just ordered a 60D

• Like x 2
  3. BradWI

BradWI Supporting Member

Ordered a 60D earlier today

• Like x 2
  4. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

Congrats, I also ordered S 60 couple wks ago. Have they said the delivery

• Like x 2
  5. KrenGrl

KrenGrl Member

I'm not sure I want to buy any product that I know is being discontinued soon. Why do people do that? Do they get a discount?

6. dmcmillen

dmcmillen Member

I got my 60D VIN on 4/3, hasn't entered production yet.

• Like x 1
  7. dmcmillen

dmcmillen Member

The 60 kWh model actually has a 75 kWh battery, just software limited. Tesla did that to streamline production. It's an excellent value and functionally identical (other than range and performance) to a loaded $160k P100DL.

More info: Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. reghoustonguy

reghoustonguy Member

It's bc the software limited 60 kWh battery is a great deal to get into a MS (or MX if you timed it right). Greater usable battery, ability to charge to 100% - tesla was getting the short end of the stick.

Anyway, I convinced my brother to pull the trigger on a MS60 a few days ago. Took delivery of my MS60 in dec. it's been awesome.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. CameronB

CameronB Member

I pulled the trigger on a 60D as well. Still a pretty damn expensive car (admittedly almost fully loaded in my case), but the 60 does seem like a relative bargain and although I don't anticipate unlocking to 75, it's always good to have that option and it probably adds a bit of value come sale time (in case future owner wants to unlock it).

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I ordered a 60D as well, although it was about a month prior to the deadline. Took delivery this past Thursday and couldn't be happier.

• Like x 2
  11. Pmcrae

Pmcrae New Member

Ordered a 60 last Monday. Have a couple 3 reservations but needed a good family car (kids and dog) and another 30k for the X didn't make sense. Hoping to double dip on the federal rebate this year.

• Like x 2
  12. azred

azred Active Member

Darn, you raise a good point. I am now planning to sell my four-month old S60 ASAP.

• Funny x 3
  13. NathanielHrnblwr

If one orders a 60 tomorrow, I understand it can be cancelled within a week and get the $2500 refunded. Is the cancellation online or do you need a sales guy at the store to be available?

I wanted to get down to test drive a 60/75 vs a 90/100 today but was unable to. They're closed tomorrow. :/

14. ancreserve

ancreserve Member

I almost got the 60, but ended up putting a deposit down for a CPO 2014 S 85.

15. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Looks like Hawaii's favourite new Tesla is going to be a 75 ;)

16. thegangler

thegangler Member

I ordered mine on the last day for unlimited supercharging, January 15th - I picked up April 3rd, but car was ready for deliver at the Service Center by March 22 (NY).

• Like x 1
  17. Kcharwood

Kcharwood Member

I've been staring at the buy button for a few days. Haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Chatted with my financial advisor, she said I can definitely make it work, but she'd advise putting my money elsewhere at my age other than an 80k car.

18. ScaredByCars

ScaredByCars Member

I ordered my S 60 on Friday. I'm going to feel insanely silly trading in the beater I was commuting with before for this thing. Still in 7 day period, but delivery should be June.

19. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Don't feel silly. I traded in a 7 year old Honda Civic when I bought my MS.

20. ScaredByCars

ScaredByCars Member

My Civic is a 2005, and it's missing a "few" parts :p