Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone else placed last minute order for S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was also in the same boat, it's a matter of whether I want to spend $80k for a car, I figure I live only once

Same boat! I have been thinking about buying an S for a few years, and seriously considered it for the past 6 months. Ordered a 100D on the 5th and haven't felt any regret. I also drive a beater and am typically the frugal type, but the wife and I decided this was the perfect time in our lives to spend a little (ok, A LOT :p). We're looking forward to delivery!

They dropped the 60 off the site and the 75 is now $5k less than before. Be interested to see how this plays out for those that haven't taken delivery yet. Will they price adjust the 60 down or bump you up to a 75?

No wonder they wanted people to take delivery of they're 60's so quick last week.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
They dropped the 60 off the site and the 75 is now $5k less than before. Be interested to see how this plays out for those that haven't taken delivery yet. Will they price adjust the 60 down or bump you up to a 75?

No wonder they wanted people to take delivery of they're 60's so quick last week.
Wow, feel bad for the suckers who just placed orders in a hurry for the 60 :)
Honestly, I have never seen another car company changing prices and options so frequently, and sticking it to the customers :( Dealer discounts vary, but they are a little more predictable than these.

• Disagree
Reactions: xborg and MP3Mike
So.....

I just had my MS 60 confirmed today. Went on the website and priced out what it would've cost if I didn't order a 60 and low and behold its the same price.... for those of us suckered into getting a 60 before discontinuation could have waited a week and gotten a 75 for the same price...awesome......

I ordered:
Solid Black
Glass Roof
AutoPilot
Black Leather

Priced it out with the new pricing for 75's....same $77,800

Not to mention power liftgate is now a standard option.....Son of a.....

Am I missing something?

Reactions: mmd
Well if they just placed their order they have 7 days to change/cancel it and get their deposit back.

This. Evaluate the new pricing and option set (SAS, solid roof) and see if it makes sense to cancel and re-order (call them, they will reprice for free within 7 days). Also, note that they lowered the upgrade price, so take that into consideration as well.

So.....

I just had my MS 60 confirmed today. Went on the website and priced out what it would've cost if I didn't order a 60 and low and behold its the same price.... for those of us suckered into getting a 60 before discontinuation could have waited a week and gotten a 75 for the same price...awesome......

I ordered:
Solid Black
Glass Roof
AutoPilot
Black Leather

Priced it out with the new pricing for 75's....same $77,800

Not to mention power liftgate is now a standard option.....Son of a.....

Am I missing something?
I'm not sure about before pricing, so I can't say for sure. Call and see if you can get it moved to the 75 and pay the difference. It would cost a $500 change fee and you should get the power lift gate.

Good call. I may be over reacting a bit. Let's see what they say.
It's stressful, no doubt about it. I purchased the S90D and confirmed 2 days before the S100D came out. I ended up a lot better off for my needs, and it cost me the $500 change fee. Purchasing a $70k+ car is already stressful. When the decision gets opened up you have to go through the stress all over again. Good luck & hope it works out!

Last edited:
same boat here, order confirmed for S60 early April but I requested late June delivery since I don't need the car till then. I just texted my SA to ask if I can change my order to S75 now.

Any other suggestion best way to change my order? My order was for no option S60 in blue. With the new price, I could just go with solid black with no option at the similar price

Thanks

same boat here, order confirmed for S60 early April but I requested late June delivery since I don't need the car till then. I just texted my SA to ask if I can change my order to S75 now.

Any other suggestion best way to change my order? My order was for no option S60 in blue. With the new price, I could just go with solid black with no option at the similar price

Do you want the all glass roof, or do you want the metal roof?