TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else preorder a "cubby accessory" months ago? Did you get it?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vapor trail, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

I pre-ordered a drawer-like storage accessory for the front console of my Model S many months ago. Never received it. :(

If I recall the pictures looked very much like this new item from Evannex:

Cubby Compartment for Tesla Model S

The product wasn't Evannex at the time. Anyone else order this item? Did you get one?

I can't seem to track down my email confirmation.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I am familiar with this one and I don't recall hearing about any deliveries. I ordered a full drawer insert from another vendor and have also heard nothing at all. I guess the market is not there.

3. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

#3 Jimmy 1, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    EV Everything is making one now, should be on their site soon.

4. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

Bjorn nyland did a video comparing the cubby tray with Carina's
    Tesla tray. He preferred Carina's. Carina can't keep up with orders. Sold out till next year.

5. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I saw that, he did a nice comparison.

6. Naonak

Naonak Member

I made one on my 3d printer. Works great in my P85... I also have one from Evannex that works great as well in my P90DL.

7. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

#7 Spyder14, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0215.JPG

I certainly do not mean to hijack the thread...I am a big fan of the interior design of the Model S but at times, I wish it had more "compartmentalized" storage. What I would really like would be storage areas or bins that would hold specific things: coins, sunglasses, E-Z-Pass, etc. Stuff that for me, after almost a full year of ownership, still resides with me in the front seat. The front cubby is useful but when I press the right pedal, gravity wins. I have looked at the products provided by after-market suppliers and though I want to and try to support them, I think the prices for the cubby containers are a bit high. I have started to look on-line for something bento-like that would fit but it looks like trial and error. I started with a plastic storage container from Rubbermaid--the height and depth was right but the width not so much. I hot-glued 2 magnets to the back side after cutting away some of the leading edge then hot-glued 2 more to the back surface of the cubby. The magnets hold it in enough to keep the container from moving when there is some weight in it. I am going to mess around with painting the inside or covering it with something soft as well. Ideally I can find something that fits, black or silver, with a felt-like interior.

8. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

I am now officially obsessed with this little project. The clear poly polypropylene bowl makes to much noise with coins in it. So I am trying 2 others I bought from Bed Bath & Beyond. The blue one is very cool but it's blue silicone & can't be painted to improve the color. The white one may be a winner--the sides & back edges needed to be trimmed to fit but it's tight & holds paint. A few coats of Silver Plasti-Dip & I will check it out after it dries.
    FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0174.JPG

9. sledhead36

sledhead36 Member

I got the one from EV Everything and I love it. Really solid construction. Carinas is really nice too, but I could not wait until April for delivery.

• Like x 1
  10. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Is the one from EV everything made of just plastic? Any leather or anything?

11. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

Carina's tray is great. It's virtually invisible and stays in place well.

12. CTShore

CTShore Supporting Member

Got one from EVAnnex when they first came out. Looks like it came with the car. Very pleased with it.

13. RYCO

RYCO Member

I got mine from evannex too. Seems cheaply made for what it costs. I wouldn't recommend it. I emailed them and asked if I got a bad one, it sounds like they may all be that thin in spots and crooked.

14. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I just paid down $600 for the evannex center console which is really high quality and looks like it came direct from Tesla. The storage compartment in that gives me plenty of storage, so I am hesitant spending another $150 on a cubby. I'd be willing to spend half of that though.

15. Naonak

Naonak Member

Would you guys be interested in a low cost 3D printed cubby drawer? I have one in one of my Teslas and it works well, even during Ludicrous launches.

16. ZERO260

ZERO260 Member

I resorted to using old eyeglass holders to keep my coins. There is room in the cubby for several. They stay in place and are quite.

17. vletnguyen

vletnguyen Member

Do you have any pictures?

18. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I believe it's made of a heavy duty thick Lexan plastic.

19. Naonak

Naonak Member

Yeah, I will post some pictures of a couple of them tonight.

20. Naonak

Naonak Member

Here's a couple I've printed out. I have a 4D Carbon Fiber wrap on the front of both of them (both my cars are CF). I can print them in any color or material; Doesn't have to have a front wrap on it, I just did it to match my interior.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1