Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else sacrifice their deposit to get AP 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scheduled to pick up my MS this past Saturday, but with Elon's announcement on AP 2.0 I cancelled the order, took the $2500 hit and reordered the same car, but this one with AP 2.0. (I plan on owning my MS, not leasing it. I may have decided otherwise if I planned on leasing). Any other folks out there who did the same?

Reactions: sorka and NicB72
Same here. I had ordered a brand new 75D inventory car with a significant discount at the end of Q3. Was supposed to pick up last Thursday morning but then canceled when new AP hardware was announced the night before. Lost a $1k deposit because it was an inventory car and not a new build.

I was scheduled to get my Tesla S in December. I made this late delivery because of AP 2.0 rumors directly after order (same day). My car is still in production according to my Tesla status. But my sales person checked it and it is already produced with AP 1.0 hardware. I canceled of course but I am upset about this so I might not order a new one :(

I was scheduled to pick up my MS this past Saturday, but with Elon's announcement on AP 2.0 I cancelled the order, took the $2500 hit and reordered the same car, but this one with AP 2.0. (I plan on owning my MS, not leasing it. I may have decided otherwise if I planned on leasing). Any other folks out there who did the same?
I did the same and for the same reasons

I was scheduled to get my Tesla S in December. I made this late delivery because of AP 2.0 rumors directly after order (same day). My car is still in production according to my Tesla status. But my sales person checked it and it is already produced with AP 1.0 hardware. I canceled of course but I am upset about this so I might not order a new one :(

Make that clear. Tell them you will re-order if your deposit is applied towards the new car. If not, you are moving on.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike