Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else share my concern over their LR RWD order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very early LR RWD reservation holder here, and I'm worried to think that myself and those in my position won't see their deliveries until closer to, if not after SR/SR+ deliveries, given the news yesterday.

My reasoning is this: The LR RWD drive is now unorderable. This means those of us in this particular boat are limited in number and will be reduced over time due to drop outs or order conversions to AWD.

There's also nothing really newsworthy from Tesla's perspective to deliver our cars.

On the other hand, just as was the case for the Model 3, getting the $39k SR to market, is newsworthy.

With Tesla clearly not producing any RWD models now, and that drivetrain being the same in the SR and LR RWD, what incentive is there really for Tesla to produce the LR before the SR?

Another LR RWD reservation holder here. I think the main incentive to deliver the LR RWD over the SR is that they can charge more.

I guess I always knew that the LR RWD would get delivered after the Performance and LR AWD...now I'm wondering if they will build the LR RWD at all or if I will be forced to change to the LR AWD?

Very early LR RWD reservation holder here, and I'm worried to think that myself and those in my position won't see their deliveries until closer to, if not after SR/SR+ deliveries, given the news yesterday.

My reasoning is this: The LR RWD drive is now unorderable. This means those of us in this particular boat are limited in number and will be reduced over time due to drop outs or order conversions to AWD.

There's also nothing really newsworthy from Tesla's perspective to deliver our cars.

On the other hand, just as was the case for the Model 3, getting the $39k SR to market, is newsworthy.

With Tesla clearly not producing any RWD models now, and that drivetrain being the same in the SR and LR RWD, what incentive is there really for Tesla to produce the LR before the SR?
Check this post on the same topic.. RWD LR Order?

The LR RWD is the best bang for your buck Model Y in my opinion so I think people who have them on hold will hold onto them for a while. My order shows the changed wheels and AP added (weren't there before yesterday) so Im sure Tesla is aware of this and will speak on it in due time before March deliveries begin.

Another LR RWD reservation holder here. I think the main incentive to deliver the LR RWD over the SR is that they can charge more.

I guess I always knew that the LR RWD would get delivered after the Performance and LR AWD...now I'm wondering if they will build the LR RWD at all or if I will be forced to change to the LR AWD?

I am a very early order for the LR RWD model Y. I stopped at theTesla sales store today and they confirmed that if I wanted a Y in the foreseeable future I needed to order one of the two AWD models offered. I have already waited over a year and wanted an AWD but could not practically justify it. Now, problem solved! But, now I’m thinking about axing the Full Self Driving.

I am a very early order for the LR RWD model Y. I stopped at theTesla sales store today and they confirmed that if I wanted a Y in the foreseeable future I needed to order one of the two AWD models offered. I have already waited over a year and wanted an AWD but could not practically justify it. Now, problem solved! But, now I’m thinking about axing the Full Self Driving.
Can you elaborate? Foreseeable future as in 2020 or are they saying LR RWD won't be available until 2021?

Ordered my LR RWD Model Y September 30, 2019. 3 year anniversary of ordering my 2016 Model X, and wanted to lock in my FSD price at $6K before it increased to $7K

If I upgrade my order to a LR AWD in order to get my car sooner will Tesla honor my earlier upgrade prices:
Black paint: My order $750.00, Now $1,000.00
20" wheels: My order $1,500.00, Now $2,000.00
Full Self Driving: My order $6,000.00, Now $7,000.00

I have no need for AWD as our car will never see snow and I'm sure Tesla's RWD traction control can handle Norther California rain. We wanted the SUV form factor and more range while saving $4,000.00.

My wife's car is in great shape and can go another 5 years if needed, but my anxiousness to get the Tesla Model Y won't hold out for more than a year. If they call me offering an upgrade for a fee I just might crack.

Ordered my LR RWD Model Y September 30, 2019. 3 year anniversary of ordering my 2016 Model X, and wanted to lock in my FSD price at $6K before it increased to $7K

If I upgrade my order to a LR AWD in order to get my car sooner will Tesla honor my earlier upgrade prices:

I have no need for AWD as our car will never see snow and I'm sure Tesla's RWD traction control can handle Norther California rain. We wanted the SUV form factor and more range while saving $4,000.00.

My wife's car is in great shape and can go another 5 years if needed, but my anxiousness to get the Tesla Model Y won't hold out for more than a year. If they call me offering an upgrade for a fee I just might crack.
Same boat as you as not being able to wait but I will let Tesla approach me on this before I make any changes and lose my Locked in price

Don't forget the price hike of $990 on 01/29 + AWD price difference. Should be more than $6000 increase..

LR RWD is now back on our preorder pages, after having been missing completely for a few days.

The FAQ concerns me though.. :/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 2.32.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 2.32.10 AM.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 117

Got my 'prepare for delivery' notice for the LR RWD three weeks ago. Tesla will honor the current reservation holders but may not make the model available again..but perhaps later. Tesla is tweaking some minor design flaws while waiting for reopening.