Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else still on 10.3 Beta in Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I got updated to 10.3 Beta a while ago, noticed I haven't received an update since. After a little research, appears most are now on version 10.5? Or is the only to a select few? I still don't have the live camera view in my car that most seem to have. Wondering if that has to do with the Beta. Figured I'd ask before scheduling a service call to see why my car hasn't updated since. Being that you can't call Tesla simply to ask, have to actually schedule a Service Call to get a reply apparently. Thanks for any feedback

I rebooted the screen. An hour later I got an update that I wish I wouldn't have gotten. Updated to 10.4, which seemed odd since 10.5 appears to be what people have now. Now, AP/FSD doesn't work at all and I'm getting an error message that "Software needs to be updated, schedule service". Great! Not even regular cruise control. Tried to turn off AP to see if I could at least get that back and nothing. Rebooted again, that didn't change anything. Guess I'm scheduling service after all.

"Call your Service Center"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Really ...

giphy-1.gif

Tesla finally pushed another update to my car today. All appears to be working properly now. On version 10.4.

Shockingly, Tesla actually CALLED ME. Didn't think they even had phones anymore!! LOL

Discovered through my conversation with him, that FSD beta owners don't get all the goodies Tesla is releasing to the majority of cars.

Have to say, it was so nice to have a quick 1 minute conversation to quickly answer a few easy questions, rather than the hassle of having to try to get a simple answer through the app, or have to actually schedule a service call to get a reply. Took a 4 days to get the issue corrected when it likely could have been corrected in a couple of minutes. He did state that they want FSD Beta users to focus on that and not the other goodies and that's the apparent reason we don't get the other upgrades. Had wondered why I never got Live Camera views in the app on my car among other things. Certainly worth the trade off. Would rather have FSD than camera views and a few other party tricks. No complaints in that respect.

I do certainly miss the old days. Today was a reminder of how easy things used to be with Tesla in the early days, when communication was readily available.

My experience with the app and service is that a tech calls or texts me within 24 hours. If the tech can fix the issue, they do so. Sometimes they want more info than their logs can provide. When you call the store, you might get the service manager or advisor who really can't help you without checking with others, if you can connect at all on the phone. Glad you got your issue addressed, and some questions answered.