Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else still waiting for 8.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the update (v8.1 17.11.10) here in Canada (am I the first?). FYI: Had numerous issues at the end of the install (that resolved itself) such as:
  • "Software Update Required. Contact Tesla Service" message on console display
  • Main display and console display both rebooted itself after 5 minutes (similar to holding down thumbwheels then buttons above thumbwheels)
  • Screens remained blank (main display much longer than console) for quite some time
I simply just waited it out ~5 minutes and it all came back and now seems fine. Going to go for a test drive shortly.

Still waiting. It appears past updates have come in late evening here in ATL -- most likely after business hours present more of an opportunity for the files to be transmitted. Since my WiFi is weak on the far side of the garage, I turned off the WiFi on the Tesla for the evening forcing the connection to LTE. Hopefully, that will help should Tesla seek the connection.

How do you reboot the MCU?
Not sure I would recommend this. I don't know what the results will be if you're update is half-downloaded when you reboot the MCU or if it's verifying the download. Probably just delay the whole process as it may have to restart the verification process.

Anyway, hold down both thumbwheels on the steering wheel to reboot the MCU.