Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Suddenly Excited for the new Ford F150 EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope but here’s a spy shot I found for you.
FDD60190-80B4-4724-9CCD-F36540199680.jpeg

I wouldn't be surprised if they started order #'s at 10k to help with the hype for people who need to know they're part of the "in" crowd. That crowd isn't very popular when it's comprised of one.

Also, Pontiac sold 120k units in total and it was considered one of the biggest flops in automotive history.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
I wouldn't be surprised if they started order #'s at 10k to help with the hype for people who need to know they're part of the "in" crowd. That crowd isn't very popular when it's comprised of one.

Also, Pontiac sold 120k units in total and it was considered one of the biggest flops in automotive history.

Continued aside: floppiness depends on the targets.

2001 to 2003 it was selling 27k-28k per year.
Break-even was 30,000 per year.
Target/forecast was up to 75k per year.

Hence, a flop.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
It’s only $100 refundable. I suspect a lot of people (like myself) ordered for the fun of it even though I’m not planning to buy unless the design changes some or it starts growing on me. A lot of people ordered to preserve the $7k FSD option. Throw in a 2k deposit and see how many bite. So I wouldn’t be betting actual buyer #s on those $100 :)

The Cybertruck won't win over the commercial truck people. Sure it has a 220V for welders, but the pipe racks won't fit on it and there's no solid roof. I think this is aimed at people like me. A home owner that needs to carry a family and a dry place for luggage, but also needs to carry lumber, dirt, and furniture. It won't appeal to coal rollers, but might appeal to the premium truck market (Ford King Ranch and Raptor, GMC Sierra Denali).

If you like the boring traditional design of the last 100 years of pickup trucks, then I'm guessing that Telsa was never the brand for you.

I wish Ford great success with their electric F-150. We absolutely need a very "traditional" electric truck as well. I suspect Fords first attempt is not going to be very close on the value equation though. $39k for those specs is no joke!

Reactions: Mattzilla
If you like the boring traditional design of the last 100 years of pickup trucks, then I'm guessing that Telsa was never the brand for you.

I wish Ford great success with their electric F-150. We absolutely need a very "traditional" electric truck as well. I suspect Fords first attempt is not going to be very close on the value equation though. $39k for those specs is no joke!

is an S, X, and 3 considered boring too? Because they sell due to the fact they look normal unlike a Prius, Leaf, or this “truck”.

The base model Rivian has around 230 miles of range with a starting price of $69,000.
The Ford Mach E (much smaller and sleeker than an F150) has a range target of 230 miles with a starting price of $43,895.
The Tesla Cybertruck has a range target of 250 miles with a starting price of $39,900.

How far do you think the Ford F150 EV will go, and how much do you think it will cost, @Ostrichsak ?

Reactions: Scott7
Dont forget, Elon was already saying, this truck is not for everybody, and it wouldn't look like any other truck out there. It doesn't and if you like it great, if not, well hopefully the Ford or Rivian or etc.. will make your mouth water and get you into an EV pickup. Thats the goal, get you into an EV and get the industry excited about selling EV's.