Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Suddenly Excited for the new Ford F150 EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base model Rivian has around 230 miles of range with a starting price of $69,000.
The Ford Mach E (much smaller and sleeker than an F150) has a range target of 230 miles with a starting price of $43,895.
The Tesla Cybertruck has a range target of 250 miles with a starting price of $39,900.

How far do you think the Ford F150 EV will go, and how much do you think it will cost, @Ostrichsak ?
I never argued with the price & stats. To me, that's phenomenal.

But, for me at least, I'm not buying one because I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it. Sadly, none of those stats you tout matter when it's so fugly nobody buys it.

Not until they make a Charging network that can rival what Tesla has today. And it's YEARS before that comes close to the current status of the charging network in place today.
Believe me, I'm the first one to impress upon people the importance of the Supercharger network for traveling. It's a MAJOR factor that anyone who buys an EV today that doesn't buy a Tesla is underestimating. All that said, I never road tripped my pickups anyway so this isn't as big of an issue with pickup trucks IMO. We always used our sedans for long journeys and nothing is going to change about that if we buy an EV pickup from a non-Tesla manufacturer.

is an S, X, and 3 considered boring too? Because they sell due to the fact they look normal unlike a Prius, Leaf, or this “truck”.

Of those I'd say the S looks closest to normal. The X definitely doesn't look normal, and I own a Model 3 and in my first hand experience most don't think it looks like a normal car either. It's definitely more normal than the Cybertruck though!

Sadly, none of those stats you tout matter when it's so fugly nobody buys it.

Here's what I care about, in order of priority:
  1. Price (Can I afford it?)
  2. Range (Will it go places I need? Will it go places I need while towing?)
  3. Functionality (Will the bed fit a 4x8 sheet of drywall? Can it easily haul lumber?)
So far, nothing announced except the Cybertruck checks all of the boxes. Even the $70,000 Rivian only has a 4.5 foot bed, while the Cybertruck has a 6.5 foot one (enough to handle 8 feet with the tailgate down).

The Cybertruck design is different and polarizing, but the superior stats will win people over.

The cybertruck just looks so weird because like Elon said we're used to looking at the same shape with a big hood in front to hold a massive engine. Now that there's no need for that, they can have more fun with the design. This thing is actually far more practical than any other truck on the market or coming out, EV or not.

By creating the polarizing design they're trolling Ford/GM/FCA/etc, to push them to release their electric trucks and hopefully not copy so many of Tesla's design elements (like Ford did with the mach E). It doesn't matter that the truck doesn't appeal to everyone because the whole point of Tesla is to push the entire industry to go electric.

Dont forget, Elon was already saying, this truck is not for everybody, and it wouldn't look like any other truck out there. It doesn't and if you like it great, if not, well hopefully the Ford or Rivian or etc.. will make your mouth water and get you into an EV pickup. Thats the goal, get you into an EV and get the industry excited about selling EV's.
Wouldn’t Tesla have accelerated the advent of sustainable transportation faster if they created a more eye appealing truck?

By creating the polarizing design they're trolling Ford/GM/FCA/etc, to push them to release their electric trucks and hopefully not copy so many of Tesla's design elements (like Ford did with the mach E).
you don’t have to worry about Ford or GM copying the cybertrucks design I can guarantee you

Reactions: Ostrichsak
Tesla is an awesome product. The truck doesn't match the pizzaz of any of the autos. The window shattering isn't really a big deal IMO.Either was a bad batch or they will have to go back to the manuf & check the specs. I've never owned a truck..had almost every exciting car that has been around since the late 60's. like to think I recognize style and what the public would go bonkers for...I'm car crazy since a kid. I think the Cybertruck was interesting cuz it gave off a Hummer approach & isn't an uber gas guzzler..that was always my first thought whenever I saw a hummer. The CT had some very, I thought, obtuse angles..it looked very military and less cyber. Ihope they get the window deal fixed fast and can make this a
desirable replacement for the R150...right now you have to be very hard core and maybe a bit Goth to go for it...I can't see my handyman pulling up in this just yet. The Rivian does look interesting to me..I think Elon has one too many dreams about Mars...it's affecting his pickup