TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else think voice commands are well short of best-in-class?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by KalTorak, Jul 15, 2018.

1. KalTorak

KalTorak Member

Every major player in the industry – Amazon, Apple, Google, and I think Microsoft – has a voice assistant which requires no button to start or stop interacting with the assistant. It seems clunky to have to press a button to start speaking, and again to stop speaking. And natural language processing seems well short of best-in-class, too. I had to figure out the word “navigate” to get what I wanted; questions like “how do I get to X” didn’t seem to work.

2. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Not "best in class", then you name a bunch of things that are not even cars? Ask Siri to transport you to Starbucks and see if she is "best in class" at that function. :p

3. Ande

Ande Member

You do not need to press it "again to stop speaking" on second thought,. It's kind of funny if you are unable to shut up without pressing that button :)

4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I wish it had some offline capability. I often don’t have great cell service leaving work and have to wait a few miles before even being able to make a phone call via voice input.