Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else using Wash Wax ALL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve exclusively used Was Wax ALL dry wash since I’ve gotten by black Model 3 as its cleaning method, and the car looks amazing when finished. There’s a shine to this product that makes the car have a better than showroom glow (it’s amazing for cleaning the center console inside the car as well!)

We haven’t had many sunny days in New Jersey since I got the car in late August, but on one recently, I noticed swirl marks/lines all over the car that are only visible in direct sunlight. Since I’ve only used the dry wash, and have been careful to use clean microfiber towels (flipping with each new panel, etc), I was surprised to see this. Maybe the swirl marks were there when I got the car, or maybe I’ve been doing something wrong with the cleaning process - not sure.

Anyone else using Wash Wax ALL? Have you noticed swirl marks/lines in your cars as well?

I use it, no swirls on my car. But I do have full ceramic coating on the car, so that helps. Ceramic coating makes things harder to stick to your car, so when you go wipe them off, you don't have to apply much force. Friction is what causes swirls and streaks.

Make sure you don't apply much force when wiping the car down. I also use 4 microfiber towels to washless clean (2 wet, 2 dry). So if you are too conservative with your towels and reusing the same side too often, try to use more towels and flip the quarter sides more often, especially if your car is really dirty. I flip the towels after each small section.

Dry wash will put fine marks on the car if not done correctly. You'll have to watch some YouTube videos for tips. I try not to use wash wax all unless I need to get some bird droppings off right away. My cars are ceramic coated and I still won't do a full dry wash because I'm not that good at using dry wash.

Also, you have a black car so good luck keeping it swirl and fine scratches free.