Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Anyone else with 2019.28.3 have alarm set off several times a day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The title says it all. This started on 2019.28.3 for me, I was on 2019.24.x before. I suspected perhaps it was the raspberry pi I'm the front USB as I had heard reports of that before, but just now it set off a full fledged Sentry mode alarm without anything happening. The previous two alarms were yesterday and we're at home with Sentry mode off, just the European high pitched alarm.

Just wondering if more are having this issue since 2019.28.x?

The title says it all. This started on 2019.28.3 for me, I was on 2019.24.x before. I suspected perhaps it was the raspberry pi I'm the front USB as I had heard reports of that before, but just now it set off a full fledged Sentry mode alarm without anything happening. The previous two alarms were yesterday and we're at home with Sentry mode off, just the European high pitched alarm.

Just wondering if more are having this issue since 2019.28.x?

Bikes or loud cars will set it off.
If they get a kick out of doing it, they will drive by and do it purposely regularly.
There was a post of a pickup truck doing this daily just for kicks to another owner a while back.

The result isn't conclusive yet... But it seems it was a fly inside the car...
Only stumbled across this to look for changes to 2019.28.3 from 2019.28.2 on my MX!!

I had the alarm going on/off for a whole evening only to recall that it was flying ant day when it happened and I think a few of them got into the car when I opened the door. I was given the rolled eyes by neighbours when I tried to explain it. At least if Ant-man tries to steal your car you'll be notified!

My alarm goes off almost every time I start the AC with the app. I have a service appointment at the end of the month to check on it.
The service center contacted me via email about this. S/he said that one of the USB ports is loosing power when the AC comes on which sets off the alarm. No solution yet but my appointment is next Monday so hopefully they'll know what to do when I get there. So cool that they can start diagnosing it before the appointment.