Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with Bluetooth connectivity issues with iPhone XS Max and v9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really not sure whether the issue is with my X v9 firmware or iPhone XS Max, but when connected my iphone via Bluetooth and playing music, the connection drops after 30 seconds, and music only plays through phone speakers (vs. X's speakers). Even after restarting the phone, doing two scroll reset, the music doesn't come back to X's speakers.
Strangely, if there is a phone call, it works fine through the X. I am really baffled. any suggestions?

Done that too... deleted the device, even did the cold reboot (two scroll + breaks), before repairing iPhone to X. Still same situation

Try all that again. but when you reboot the car, reboot the phone and then try re pairing. Just throwing to see what sticks.

I also remember reading on a thread to try not allowing contacts to sync. See if that helps. Then after its connected, select the sync contacts button after you've confirmed that it has paired correctly.

• Helpful
Reactions: K3Man
Try all that again. but when you reboot the car, reboot the phone and then try re pairing. Just throwing to see what sticks.

I also remember reading on a thread to try not allowing contacts to sync. See if that helps. Then after its connected, select the sync contacts button after you've confirmed that it has paired correctly.
Thanks, will try this after work today and report back if works. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Reactions: SpudLime
MX 100D with v9 and XS max and no issues. The reset of both car and phone sounds like a solid plan (making sure to remove the device from the Bluetooth settings in the car first). If the car shows up in the bluetooth menu on the phone might want to remove it there as well before resetting everything. Good luck!

Thanks, will try this after work today and report back if works. Thanks again for the suggestion.

"I also remember reading on a thread to try not allowing contacts to sync. See if that helps. Then after its connected, select the sync contacts button after you've confirmed that it has paired correctly."

This did it!!... its working now. I just dont have people name showing up with caller ID while taking/placing phone calls, but at least the music is playing through the X speakers.

Thank you so much for the help.

"I also remember reading on a thread to try not allowing contacts to sync. See if that helps. Then after its connected, select the sync contacts button after you've confirmed that it has paired correctly."

This did it!!... its working now. I just dont have people name showing up with caller ID while taking/placing phone calls, but at least the music is playing through the X speakers.

Thank you so much for the help.

I say after a few days you can select to sync contacts while it still is paired. My memory is failing but I think that should get you back to normal.

Glad I could help.

Reactions: ahmarm