Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else with delivery estimator of Oct-Dec??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mfa1

MYLR 7, white/white, Gemini, Tow, No FSD, ord 5/13
Jul 2, 2018
Los Angeles
Most of the posts I have come across who configured around 6/27 or later have the delivery estimator of Sept-Nov window.

I'd be curious to see if anyone has had a delivery estimator of Oct-Dec ??

I configured late on 6/30 and it gave me a delivery estimator of Oct-Dec. So just wanted to find out if anyone else is in the same boat. The reason I ask is that if that holds true then it would increase the chances of missing out on the full rebate after September.

Reservation: 4/22/16
Invite: 6/27
Configured: 6/30
Delivery Estimator: Oct - Dec 2018
Non-owner

I

I'm in the same boat. Delayed configuring from 4/6 for a variety of reasons but finally caved late on 6/30 (then had a glitch in the configuring process so my order might technically have gone through just past midnight into 7/1). I'm showing an Oct-Dec delivery window.

Does anybody know if Tesla considers a 12:01 East Coast time as the next day (7/1) or as still 6/30 West Coast/Tesla time? I'd like to have free permanent premium internet.

I configured that first evening they opened invites and had a Sept 15 - Nov 15 estimated delivery date. On Sunday, I modified my order, changing the color, and now my estimated date is Oct-Dec ‘18. My order date changed to 7/1 so I likely lost unlimited internet. I’ll bring it up when Tesla contacts me as the car gets closer to reality to see if I can still get it, but in the end I don’t care that much about $100/yr.

@crouch
Check your order agreement and see what’s the order date there? I did the same thing, ordered at 10:55 pm pacific (so that’s 1:55 EST) however my order agreement has 6/30 as the order date. So I think that should be good enough (hopefully) :)

@Holmern

Did you order AWD performance?

So I ordered last Thursday, initially RWD, Red, 18s, EAP, and it said Sept-Nov 18 delivery. Over the next day, I changed from RWD to AWD and back once or twice (I have a really hard time deciding whether I want more speed or to spend less), but the dates never changed, and I had settled on RWD.

Today I finally decided F it, I don't need EAP for the places/amount/time I drive, and I'd rather have something faster, so I changed to AWD. With that, my estimated delivery now has pushed back a month to Oct-Dec. Bummer, but whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Simi
So I ordered last Thursday, initially RWD, Red, 18s, EAP, and it said Sept-Nov 18 delivery. Over the next day, I changed from RWD to AWD and back once or twice (I have a really hard time deciding whether I want more speed or to spend less), but the dates never changed, and I had settled on RWD.

Today I finally decided F it, I don't need EAP for the places/amount/time I drive, and I'd rather have something faster, so I changed to AWD. With that, my estimated delivery now has pushed back a month to Oct-Dec. Bummer, but whatever.

That's similar to my experience. I'm also Oct-Dec. Check your order date as well, mine moved forward to the date of my change, so it's now outside of the free data cutoff.

Simi

That's similar to my experience. I'm also Oct-Dec. Check your order date as well, mine moved forward to the date of my change, so it's now outside of the free data cutoff.
Oh wow, I'd be pissed if that happened. They took my $2500 before July 1.
edit: ah yes, I see the agreement now. Well, I'll certainly have a talk with someone if they try to deny me free data. Even if it's just $100/yr, it's the principal of the thing

It seems like quite a lot of people configured AWD after 6/30 got Oct to Dec. That seems to say that delivery date is based on configuration date and not reservation date. Also it seems like Editing your Design may push you back in the queue.

Reserved 12/2/16
Ordered AWD morning of 6/28 and had delivery estimated of Sep ‘18 - Nov ‘18
Edited design to change color on the morning of 6/30 and have same delivery window.

Maybe the people who are already in the AWD queue get to keep their place in line when editing the design. But if you switch between AWD and RWD, you move between the 2 queues and get put to the end of the queue whenever you switch to the other one.

Yeah, i seems like they are separate queues, based on what I've experienced with the many changes I've made thus far. Hopefully now I can stop. This is the problem with a wait period, too many chances to second-guess myself

if that's the case, that is seriously messed up IMO.

It would make it easy to implement as it does not have to remember your position in the previous queue if you made the decision to move to another one. So 3 FIFO queues (RWD, AWD, AWDP), and if you get near front of the queue, your Edit Design button disappears.

I wonder if this means that there were over 20,000 people configured the AWD from 6/27 to 6/30 and that's why the current order is pushed back 1 month.

I wouldn't read much into those delivery estimates, I get the feeling the calculation is pretty simplistic, ie. it's just adding 3-5 months to the current month.

So for example, if the current month is June, 3-5 months from now is Sept-Nov. If the current month is July, 3-5 months is Oct-Dec.

I doubt it'll mean a whole lot in terms of an actual delivery date.

Reactions: crackers8199
It would make it easy to implement as it does not have to remember your position in the previous queue if you made the decision to move to another one..

yeah, but it also means people who put $1000 down 2+ years ago are getting bumped behind people who just reserved a few months ago. they could have had any valid reason for not pressing the order button immediately when they opened the floodgates on wednesday of last week...traveling for work, never got the e-mail and didn't check reddit or the forums, were off the grid for a few days camping and didn't see that reservations had been opened to configure, etc. that's three perfectly valid ones just off the top of my head.

that hardly seems fair, nor does it really mesh with tesla's stated philosophy of rewarding early adopters.

I wouldn't read much into those delivery estimates, I get the feeling the calculation is pretty simplistic, ie. it's just adding 3-5 months to the current month.

So for example, if the current month is June, 3-5 months from now is Sept-Nov. If the current month is July, 3-5 months is Oct-Dec.

I doubt it'll mean a whole lot in terms of an actual delivery date.

this actually makes more sense.

Reactions: C141medic
My preferred config and initial order were always AWD, so if a color change on 6/30 didn't push the dates for whatthe2, but the same change pushed my date when made on 6/1, it appears to be unrelated to your original drive preference/order.

That being said, I also take any Tesla estimates with a huge grain of salt, but still would prefer my date range hadn't pushed further out. ;-)