Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Worried About Not Getting Delivery in December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

simplesolid

Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof
Nov 12, 2016
Florida
I confirmed my order on Nov 17 and contacted my DS last week and was told that my car would go into production December 5th, now I live in Florida and I heard that it takes many weeks to get the car delivered for us. I was assured by the DS that they will delivery before end of the year, but I am not so sure myself.

When I check the spreadsheet I see at least 4 other people in Florida are waiting for their car, is it safe to assume that they will all come in the same shipment?

If you live in Florida, when were you told that you'll get your car?

Is there anything I can do get it quicker? Who should I bribe? Just kidding. How do you guys deal with delivery anxiety? Right now that's my biggest problem, I spend my time in antecipation already watched tons of Bjorn's vids, anyone else I should be watching to pass the time?

Thanks

I live in MN, but have the same concern.

My DS also said end December is extremely likely.
(His words were "don't worry about it")

Tesla is going to deliver as many as possible to beat yearly and quarterly numbers to satisfy Wall Street.

The $2,000 price jump with a final date of November 22 was no accident. It was the date their algorithm spat out that as the last date they could take orders and deliver country wide by 12/31/16
The next few quarters will be interesting to see what Tesla does to keep investors happy and orders coming until the model 3 launches

I "need" my car by New Years cause I want the $7500 credit this year and because my registration for old car expires on 1/1/17

Oh. And because I'm impatient. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Fiddler
Oh. And because I'm impatient. :rolleyes:

I am very impatient as well always hate waiting for things, Tesla hasn't been that bad tho, the worst was when I was trying to buy our house, talk about inefficient :)

The way I figured I have a least another 3-4 weeks worth of waiting, hopefully less.
But I have vacation coming up Dec 15th, it would be great to have it during that time so that I can take a nice long road trip gas free.

In mean time I am keeping busy trying to decide on a vanity plate, yes I will splurge this time on one, a first for me. I guess I never had a worthy car.

Tesla has demonstrated they can crank things out quickly. My car went into production on 11/19 and it was completed on 11/20. Not saying that this is the case for everyone, just sharing my experience. For what it's worth, I have an appointment on 12/1 at 4pm to take delivery and all this transpired with Thanksgiving being sandwiched in between.

Last edited:
Based on spreadsheet, I anticipate build sometime in first week of December as well. DS says car Dec 15-25. Still not in production, so who knows? It seems Tesla has every incentive to deliver everyone's car who ordered and confirmed before Nov 22.

@simplesolid - You might actually consider delaying. There are rumors around here that Tesla rushes cars out the door at the end of every quarter to meet delivery targets and that quality control can suffer. If you actually pushed your car back a couple weeks it might get built in the beginning of Q1 2017 - and also you'd have the increased resale value of being able to later advertise it whenever you sell it as one year newer. Yes, Tesla doesn't use model years but people still think of them that way.

Mytesla still says delivery December to early January for my car. But my sales advisor has told me it will complete production by 1st week of December and I will have it around Dec 20 or before. I am in the Seattle area.
Where does "MyTesla" show a date? When I login in all it says is the vin and that I am in the production que. Have you already entered production? Maybe thats required before a delivery estimate is provided?

Where does it say that? What portion of the page?

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 8.51.17 PM.png

Reactions: simplesolid