TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone else's mobile app failing to connect to the car?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by phaphaphooey, Sep 26, 2019.

1. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

I have had difficulty over the last 2 days with the mobile app connecting to the car. It just spins and spins without connecting. This is regardless of whether the car is on LTE or my home wifi, ditto the phone. Car has all of the connectivity settings set to always be connected. Phone is a Galaxy S8 on Pie running the most recent Android app. Anyone else experiencing this? If not, any ideas for me to try? Thank you in advance.

2. Jillmark99

Jillmark99 Member

No issues here

3. Greghodg

Greghodg Member

A few days ago the iOS app wouldn't connect for me for over a day. I signed out of the app, ignoring the warning about losing settings or whatever, and signed back in and it's been great since, and I don't think I lost any settings.

• Like x 1
  4. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Working fine here. Maybe you could try restarting your phone.

5. SilverGS

SilverGS Active Member

@phaphaphooey Same here. I signed out and signed back in and its fine now.

6. phaphaphooey

phaphaphooey Member

Same here. Signed out and back in and all is well. I restart my phone every night so I knew that wasn't it. Thanks all.

• Like x 1
  7. Puddles

Puddles Member

Yes. As of yesterday, I hadn't been able to connect since the 20th. I reloaded the app and all is well. I probably just needed to log out & in, like others have done :p

8. Sethach

Sethach Member

Same here, I deleted the app (iOS) and after reinstalling it is working.

9. maximizese

maximizese Member

I've noticed mobile connectivity issues from time to time. About 2 weeks ago, the app (iOS) didn't even seem to make an attempt to connect to the car; I found success in deleting and reinstalling the app.

Another issue I've noticed is that 50% of the time a software update occurs on the car, the default setting for "mobile access" goes back to off. I have to remember to check the MCU settings. Still, even when nothing else has changed (at least to my knowledge), the app does have problems connecting. I figure there's a server issue.

10. Jae001

Jae001 Member

Starting about two-three weeks ago my summon stopped working in the app. I can do everything else with the app but summon will not connect. Logged out and back in, rebooted the phone but nothing seems to work. Any ideas??

11. Bmac

Bmac Member

Yes, I did. Using android and what worked for me was to uninstall the Tesla app and then reinstall then everything worked fine.

12. Colorado_Mike

Colorado_Mike Member

Had the same issue about a month ago. Had tried restarting phone multiple times and having the car forget wifi network, use work's network, phone hotspot. Nothing seemed to help so I set up a mobile service with Tesla. Two days before the appointment decided to sign out on the app and back in again and it connected and haven't had issues since.

13. VMack

VMack Member

I have a 2013 Model S. Every update for the last two years has pretty much been non existent for me. Haha. But will this version 10.0 have anything for me? I’m interested in this Spotify, but with the turtle processor that barely is fast enough to use basic GPS, would I be able to use Spotify?

14. Jae001

Jae001 Member

OK, deleting the app and reinstalling fixed it. Logging out and back in did not fix it for me. Thanks guys!

15. Jae001

Jae001 Member

It worked one time then stopped working again. Anyone have any suggestions on getting this to work. Thanks.

16. jdchi

jdchi Member

All I can tell you is I also had deleted and reinstalled the app and it initially didn't help. I did another delete and reinstall today and now it seems to work fine. :rolleyes: Good luck!

17. Jae001

Jae001 Member

OK, thanks. Maybe V10 will fix some of these bugs but I have not heard of too many people complaining about this. Still waiting for v10. Do you have it yet?

18. Dp76

Dp76 New Member

V10 do not help. Car go to deep sleep and I cannot connect to MX... In any cases