Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone emailed their config sales rep this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also called mine, about a payment issue, and haven't heard back. My delivery date is June 9, so I'm not sweating yet, but the call was yesterday, I left voicemail, and haven't heard back yet.

The day he first reached out, we exchanged several phone calls, but not much since that original flurry of activity.

I got the okay on my loan but I emailed them back to adjust the months and crickets.. I called... got VM... I just want to finish that bit out so I know I'm not the hold up on anything.

Literally same thing happened to me last week. Got the loan terms emailed at like 7pm central Monday night. It was for 48 months, I replied right away saying it all looked good but I wanted 60 months. When I didn’t hear back by noon Tuesday, I called the credit guy, left a VM, called the Tesla Finance number, left a VM, called my ISA, left a VM... ISA finally called early afternoon & said the credit guy is pretty bogged down but he will get back to me, said to reach out again the next day if not. Sure enough by evening on Tuesday, the credit analyst responded with the corrected terms. I felt kind of bad pestering, but same as you wanted to get all the T’s crossed ASAP to not hold up delivery. So I’m sure they’ll respond, they’re dealing with high volume right now. But you are paying top dollar for their product so stay on them if no response after 24 hours.

Prospective owners want to gab for hours with their delivery team. Want to know everything, discuss every eventuality, find out what tires the car has, the correct tire pressure, where the windshield fluid goes, how to get smudges off the touch screen, talk about what software version will come with the car, when they will get upgrades, how strong a Wi-Fi they need in their garage, how soft the paint will be, how to clean their seats, which superchargers are the fastest, how much will it cost to charge, will there be any scratches, how to clean the inside of the front window, how to set their favorite radio channel....it goes on forever, and the delivery team simply does not have enought time to address every item the customer can come up with.

Reality is that your car will teach you most everything you really need to know. Once you get in and drive it you become kind of self aware, and most of the smaller details unfold.

In the beginning, Tesla will gather a ton of information from you. Little needs to be done on a day to day basis until your car has been built and gone over by the quality control people. They will address most the issues already before delivery.

Much of this is simply caused by the anxiety of buying this new technology. People will spend untold hours on the internet, learning as much as they can about the car they have coming.

Then when the day draws near, your delivery team will re engage with you and together you will go through the delivery proceedure.

Prospective owners want to gab for hours with their delivery team. Want to know everything, discuss every eventuality, find out what tires the car has, the correct tire pressure, where the windshield fluid goes, how to get smudges off the touch screen, talk about what software version will come with the car, when they will get upgrades, how strong a Wi-Fi they need in their garage, how soft the paint will be, how to clean their seats, which superchargers are the fastest, how much will it cost to charge, will there be any scratches, how to clean the inside of the front window, how to set their favorite radio channel....it goes on forever, and the delivery team simply does not have enought time to address every item the customer can come up with.
e loan
Reality is that your car will teach you most everything you really need to know. Once you get in and drive it you become kind of self aware, and most of the smaller details unfold.

In the beginning, Tesla will gather a ton of information from you. Little needs to be done on a day to day basis until your car has been built and gone over by the quality control people. They will address most the issues already before delivery.

Much of this is simply caused by the anxiety of buying this new technology. People will spend untold hours on the internet, learning as much as they can about the car they have coming.

Then when the day draws near, your delivery team will re engage with you and together you will go through the delivery proceedure.

I'm not asking about the car, I'm asking to change the loan terms, which is a legit reason to call and pester them. I can google everything else you wrote above, or watch youtube. I just can't click next until they let me know the cost different between 72 and 60 months. They want me to "complete" the form, but I can't until they let me compare the two options and decide which terms are best for me. If they had a button to do this, I would have used it. I looked twice. I don't want to gab. Everything you wrote above has nothing to do with what I need from Tesla atm. I was checking here to see if others have had to wait as long this week so I can adjust my expectations.

If it eases you at all, when I wasn’t getting the correct terms, my ISA said that it wasn’t going to change my delivery timeline. I had every other box green checked, they knew my financing was approved, so the difference of a couple hours or a day to 100% accept the loan terms wasn’t going to reflect on my delivery date being later