Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Encountered Tesla Envy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be a reply about as intelligent, polite and tolerant as one would expect from your crowd.

Now watch them mods develop an issue with my reply rather than your name calling ...
My name calling, I'm sorry it was my fault that I made you come in here and be an #ss? Nope that was all you, just own it and accept it.. apologize for it and we can all get back to what we're here to do. Talk about Tesla's. Or stay offended?

It has nothing to do with climate denial.
A Ford F-150 Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited models are all over $40,000. The Limited is $67,000 BEFORE I configure it. I maxed it out at $76,000. The Model 3 decked out is only $66,000.

I never have to go fil my car up. I fill it at home. I never have to change the oil.

Screw the climate crap, an ICE is just so much more painful to take care of.

Oh, and a round-trip from ATL to Orlando, $45 worth of energy.
I agree take climate change out of the equation for a second. You make an excellent point, total cost to own, the cost to drive plus the lack of maintenance just makes sense. These are the very same reasons I use electric for taking care of my lawn it's just all round cleaner and easier to maintain the equipment and I expect the very same from my Tesla.

I've been a Tesla owner for 4 years.

When I first got mine I must have been stopped by people at traffic lights and parking lots a million times. I never minded it. Always positive as people generally were interested in knowing, "does it take any gas?" "where do you charge it?" "how far can you go?" "how fast is it?"

I have also personally taken literally dozens of people on "test drives". My warning when we go for a ride is that "after you test drive it all other cars will be ruined forever!"

Sadly, as Tesla went from a limited production company to more mainstream automaker that was always in the news there has been a weird change where I encountered people asking me questions about TESLA instead of the car, like "what I thought of Tesla's stock price/quarterly earnings/production?" I started asking them about what they thought of their particular automakers (Honda, GM, etc) stock, earnings, production which is usually met with a laugh.

Luckily I haven't had to deal with any of the craziness you see on youtube - but I do see people ICE chargers often (?mistake/on purpose?)

Bottom line - My Tesla has been an awesome tech toy that gets better with each update, and happens to also be a super quick car that I don't need to fill up with gas and can help drive me to my destination. If you do get one I hope/expect you will see that the majority of people are positive and eager to learn more.

Because they live hand-to-phone-to-mouth following the herd in their local area on Facializer and Chirp. If Johnny and Irma got Toyotas they will get one too. Then they read all the misinformation out there and love, absolutely love to sit in dealership waiting rooms for repairs. Cancer is just something they get, no link to pollution or antioxidant-void atherogenic diet, and they are thinking about not immunizing, WTF, do I need to go on?

As a guy with dirt under his nails at my local farmer's market put it: "They don't know better cuz they ain't seen better".

Reactions: MichaelP90DL