Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone end up with a lemon? Anytips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ended up with a lemon and have to end up claiming it is one? What'd you do? Any tips? I read somewhere that you have to opt-out of something for arbitration, anyone know what that's about? What state are you in etc.? Any tips would be great, I have yet to review my agreements since my pickup isn't until Friday but I just want to make sure I have some background about lemon laws and the process.

Read your MVPA for the info on opting out of arbitration. Generally for those clauses in contracts, you send a letter saying “do not want” with your info on it, and Tesla has a similar process.

The way it was explained to me — and I’m not any sort of lawyer — is that if you opt out of arbitration, then you can still go through that process if you think it will be easier. You just aren’t stuck with that as your only option.

Read your MVPA for the info on opting out of arbitration. Generally for those clauses in contracts, you send a letter saying “do not want” with your info on it, and Tesla has a similar process.

The way it was explained to me — and I’m not any sort of lawyer — is that if you opt out of arbitration, then you can still go through that process if you think it will be easier. You just aren’t stuck with that as your only option.
Thanks! What's the benefit of opting out of it in the first place? Wouldn't you *want* arbitration in cases like these?

Has anyone ended up with a lemon and have to end up claiming it is one? What'd you do? Any tips? I read somewhere that you have to opt-out of something for arbitration, anyone know what that's about? What state are you in etc.? Any tips would be great, I have yet to review my agreements since my pickup isn't until Friday but I just want to make sure I have some background about lemon laws and the process.
Step 1.) make sure you opt out of the binding arbitration clause within 30 days of delivery. SERIOUSLY. DO THIS. DO NOT FORGET.

The arbitration clause covers the agreement, so whether you opt out or not for the order agreement, you’ll need to do so (again) for the MVPA. I didn’t bother for the order agreement because it’s a maximum of $100 lost and I’m not likely to take anyone to court over $100. Over $50k, though, is a different story.